Microsoft Outlook is both way track, You can receive and send your emails very easily, In some case, there is some trouble to the users in receiving or sending your mails, it’s really irritating, In this article, you find out why (some common causes) and how to get rid of it.
Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails but can send
Outlook consists of a solution to every problem, all you have to find the best solution, the majority of problems consist of:
- Spam filters cause hurdles at the entry point of your incoming mails. Sometimes you will get your mails in the spam or trash folder.
- Empty with your outlook Email server space quota. The majority of users face the same problem. (Empty or transfer old or heavy attachment file from your inbox).
- Incorrect POP or IMAP server setting in case of Microsoft outlook.
- Extension or addon on your web browser causes in fetching a new email to your outlook server.
- By mistake, the sender sometimes blocked your outlook.
Email over quota outlook
The most likely cases which include email quota issues by your mail exchange, ‘I personally use Gmail account and I have configured my Gmail account with outlook, I never open my Gmail account for mailing purpose.
Once I paid my health insurance premium, I was supposed to get my payment receipt on my Email, but unfortunately, I didn’t.
I contacted my Insurance company and they arranged a copy of the payment receipt, but they also confirm the mail sent to my registered email ID.
So I investigate and find out that not only insurance company mail, I am not getting any mail, the reason is my space quota.
Check outlook internet connection
Any Techonologocal problem solution starts by checking whether the connections of the internet. Most of the time the majority of users unable to determine whether their computer is connected to the Internet or not.
But part is open your browser and check google on your system. If it’s working then, verify that Outlook is online. For this, go in the Outlook menu and make sure the Work Offline option is unchecked.
Junk E-Mail Protection Filter
The Junk E-Mail Protection filter is one of the options for the users to deduce spamming emails to their email,
Activation of a hard filter sometimes blocks incoming email messages which are really important. To fix this issue, follow the below steps:
- Click Home Tab >> Click under delete subsection >> Click Junk Email Options.
- A separate popup appears you can adjust the filtration level high to low
- I recommend to keep it low and click ok.
Incorrect POP or IMAP (Server) settings in Outlook
Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails, the incoming/outgoing and port number plays an important role, Thus, it is required to check the account settings.
Sometimes incorrect POP or IMAP settings bring interruption for receiving email messages.
To check the account settings and to fix Outlook sending and receiving issues.
[Here is Step by Step Guide]
- Click File Tab >> Account setting >> Account setting
- POP and IMAP Account Settings dialog box appears I recommend to reenter all the credentials sometimes the credential like POP and IMAP mismatch encounter the problem.
#Your Name: Sender’s name that they would like to appear on emails
#Email Address: Your full email address
#Account Type: POP3 or IMAP
#Incoming mail server: For POP or IMAP accounts details
#Outgoing mail server (SMTP): For POP or IMAP accounts details
#User Name: Your email account username
#Password: Your email account password
- Click Next and final process dialog box appear (account setting are being tested) and your credentials will be updated.
Corrupt Outlook Profile
Another reason behind not received mails in outlook is the corrupt outlook profile. It is better to create a new Outlook profile
[Here is Step by Step Guide]
- Click on File Tab on Outlook’s main screen.
- Click to Account setting >> Manage Profile.
- The Next Step is to click the show profile third option in the popup box.
- Next Popup box required to Add New Profile follow the step in the figure below and finally click OK.
- Finally, the auto account setup box appears & you have to fill in the required information to generate a new profile.
- Type your name, Email Address, Password, and retype from the password. and click Next.
- Restart your outlook application.
- To complete the process again click on File Tab on the main screen of outlook >> Account setting >> Change Profile. You can see that the change profile option is there previously, it is generated after you have created a new profile.
- Click to change profile and final approval/permission popup box appears, click OK
Restarting of Computer
Rebooting most of the time resolves any kind of problem with your system. Checking the internet connection for the first stage and then restarting your system on the second. sometimes system required to rebuild outlook files that need just a restart.
Outlook is crashing due to antivirus
There come many times when an Antivirus plugin in Microsoft Outlook creates a barrier for the incoming server. In this condition, users should follow the guideline of Antivirus manufacture to enable error-free compatibility among antivirus and Outlook email clients. Several trusted antivirus companies provide proper guidelines on their official websites for the same.
Have you disable an Outlook Email Account partially, Under this scenario Microsoft Outlook allows the user to deactivate receive email but are allowed to send the message.
Here are the steps to cross-check.
- Lunch Microsoft Outlook
- Click Send/Receive Tab >> Click Send/Receive Groups >> Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Send/Receive Groups dialog box appears, click on Edit button from the right-hand option of the dialog box.
- “Send/Receive Settings – All Accounts” popup appears.
Under Account options, By default “Send Mail Items” & “Receive mail items” are checked, You must cross-check, whether both of them are checked or not, after selecting both the options click OK until all dialog box closes.
Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails, if all the above solutions still causing difficulties then try to uninstall your setup from your system and reinstall it again. some files are creased permanently which required reinstallation of Microsoft Outlook.
Some phone outlook users also face the same issue with their email, such user reconfigures their iPhone with outlook and mail restart to the dropdown. Just restart your iPhone and get going.
- How to export contacts from iPhone to Outlook?
- What is error custom UI XML Outlook+ [How to get rid of it]?
- How to use Outlook delay delivery?
- How to automatically filter Emails using [Outlook rules] to the Specific Folder?
- Why am I getting so much Junk mail in outlook?
- How to Export Email addresses from Outlook? – (with pictures)
- How to Import contacts to Outlook from Excel?
- How to get Outlook email alerts on Desktop?
- How to customize the theme and formatting for Outlook Mail?