Microsoft Outlook user commonly facing email stuck in outbox issue, it can be a real pain and may prevent you from sending and receiving other emails as well.
In this article, you will learn and get a solution on – Why is my email getting stuck in the outbox? & How to fix email stuck in Outbox?.
Why are emails stuck in Outbox?
Here in Outlook, there are multiple reasons and the majority of that is due to minor changes. You create an email click the send button, as usual, assume that your email sent to the desired person until you get updated from the recipient or check yourself that your mail is still in the outbox.
The most common cases for your emails get stuck in Outlook Outbox.
- Oversize attachment attached with the email technically unable to send the Emails, and the message gets stuck due to large attachments.
- The server hit offline mode even if you are connected.
- Programed to scan outgoing mails by antivirus programs.
- Outlook SMTP server settings may be incorrect.
- Restart Outlook.
Before exploring technical reasons you can manually resend the mail resting in the outbox, Open Outbox >> Click Outbox >> Select the mail in the Outbox >> Click Send/Receive all folders.
How to Send Email that got stuck in Outlook Outbox?
If you are really curious and facing the same issue, again and again, you can read this article in detail to get the major reasons with a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.
The above major issue is not so technical, they all are easy to cure. Let’s see how to resolve it easily. Here are step by step detailed illustrated solutions.
Outlook Is Working Offline – How to Fix
Even if you are connected with the internet, Outlook is working offline, how to enable online? To switch from the offline to the online mode.
- Click Send/Receive tab >> Click Work offline. – Outlook automatically switches offline mode to online and vice versa.
IMAP error 0x800CCC0E in Outlook – How to fix?
If you receive an error message while you try to send the email, that means your outlook is not connected to the internet. You can work easily send your mail and the same are saved in outlook until you get back your connection.
You can check the right-hand corner of Outlook, the status of the connection is visible. If the status is disconnected, check the internet connection and fix it.
If you are connected the challenge is you have to find out the different issues.
Delay delivery in outlook for all emails
Delay delivery option is designed for the user to keep a barricade, Email is scheduled to send to the recipient on the particular time frame.
Under this scenario, our message will be quarantined in the outbox until the activation time kisses the board. You can uncheck the option to clear delay delivery rule.
The message being slowed down by a large attachment?
Outlook sends emails on first come first-out basis, sometimes a large attachment email slows down the speed of the internet, and the remaining message in the queue still waiting for there turn.
Huge attachment email blocking all subsequent emails from sending, outgoing emails listed as queued in my outbox.
There are two alternatives.
- To delete an email stuck in Outbox
- To remove/resize the attachment
To delete an email stuck in Outbox – Stop outlook from executing the pending emails like on the outbox, click send and receive and click work offline to prevent message to bow out from the folder, select the email and click right and delete the mail.
To remove/resize the attachment – Repeat the above, method til right-click, and select Move from the context menu and then choose Other Folder > Drafts, now you again edit & resize the attachment.
Restart Microsoft Outlook
One of the simplest, easiest, and quickest ways to release emails stuck in outbox outlook is to open the message in the Outbox with a double click and close it again.
Now select the message and press DELETE or move it to your Drafts folder if you want to resent it.
Check your fetch password
A recent change in your password directly affects your outlook account, you will have to update the password to get rid of Outlook message stuck in Outbox issue.
- Go to File Tab >> Click Info >> Select Account setting >> Account setting
- Account setting dialog box appears, select your account, and click change to change the password.
If you found this article helpful you can subscribe for a weekly email newsletter and I’ll see you there soon.
- How to add Email Signature in Outlook 365?
- Outlook Quick Parts – [How To Use Quick Parts in Outlook?]
- How to use Outlook delay delivery?
- How to automatically filter Emails using [Outlook rules] to the Specific Folder?
- Why are Outlook Rules Not Working?
- How to Export Email addresses from Outlook? – (with pictures)
- How to Import contacts to Outlook from Excel?
- How to get Outlook email alerts on Desktop?