Many Microsoft Outlook users observe duplicate entry in their send box of the email, Is there any technical glitch, or your sender getting your message twice.
The question is why? you have sent the mail once, why email stored twice in my sent items folder?
In this article you will learn the backhand setting and technical issue behind and how to fix it.
The cause of this phenomenon depends on the type of email account you are using (IMAP/POP).
Enable/Disable Duplicate Sent Items For IMAP Account In Outlook?
Here is the step by step guide to enable/disable save copies in the send box.
- Open Outlook >> Click File >> info >> Account setting >> Manage Profile
- Mail setup dialog box appears to click the “mail accounts”.
- Account Settings dialog box,
- Go to the E-mail tab.
- Select your IMAP account that you will prevent duplicate sent emails.
- Click the Change button.
- The Next step is to click the More Settings button at the bottom-right corner of the “POP and IMAP account settings” dialog box.
- Please go to the Advanced tab in Internet Email setting, check the option ‘Do not save copies of sent items in the Sent Items section, and click the OK button.
- The above steps bring you back to change account box, click next to finalize the setup.
The above tutorial gives all your answer to the question of how to prevent and remove Outlook duplicates.
- How to export contacts from iPhone to Outlook?
- What is error custom UI XML Outlook+ [How to get rid of it]?
- How to customize the theme and formatting for Outlook Mail? (Creating Stationary)
- How to automatically filter Emails using [Outlook rules] to the Specific Folder?
- How to Select multiple emails in Outlook?
- Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending?
- How To Sort Email in Outlook?