Microsoft Outlook is single interface allows you to add multiple email address (official or personal) no matters from different servers.
Sometimes, Outlook resists adding another account, and you will encounter with “We couldn’t create the Outlook data file” message. Configuration of your email accounts sometimes faces an issue that hit the message. some users complaining of the problem appears in the Gmail account only, other email accounts not showing any symptoms.
Here in this article, you are going to learn different ways to fix this error and help the user work in Outlook with a newly configured email account.
What are the causes of “we couldn’t create the Outlook data file”?
some of the common issues responsible for this error, which can be easily cured, with the help of few technical adjustments.
- Inadequate memory in your system: The majority of times Computer or laptop hardware completely filled with data or temporary files, there is numerous approach to clean unrequired stuff and generate sufficient space.
- Microsoft Outlook bug: Digital platforms sometimes resist simple action because of Outlook bug errors, adding an account from the Add account option encounter the process of adding an account into Outlook, You can which to different method of adding the account.
- Disable Simplified Account Creation: simplified account creation wizard introduced as a newly added feature in Outlook, which create little issue/bugs which cause “we couldn’t create the Outlook data file”, Disabling it gets results.
- Add Using Control Panel: Adding an Outlook email account using the control panel is another option to get rid of this error.
- Enable IMAP setting in your Gmail account: Once you create a Gmail account, you must modify and allow IMAP to configure into Outlook.
How to fix [Step by Step Process]
Every problem has its solution, Let’s discuss step by step process the above issues.
Check Hard Disk Space Availability
- Open System Folder >> Click on My Computer/My PC
- Under Devices and drives, you can see all of your currently attached hard disks. The folder drive shows you space availability.
In case you already troubling with space issues, it is recommended to generate at least 2 to 3 GB of data space for the smooth working of Outlook.
There are multiple ways to create space:
- Remove unwanted files and data to gain some space.
- Delete Windows cache.
- Download Run CCleaner to clean temporary files.
Disable Simplified Account Creation [Step by Step Process]
The process of creating an account using the Connect Outlook to Office 365 wizard is called simplified account creation. It might cause trouble to connect.
Alternately Simplified Account Creation dialog box in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, or Outlook 365 and use the traditional account dialog box instead, here is the step tutorial.
- Click Windows + R keys from your keyboard >> Type [Regedit and Hit OK]
- The Registry Editor dialog window opens up, navigate to the following path using the pan on the left side/or copy the path in the address bar and enter.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup.
- Use the mouse and right-click, Select New then choose DWORD Value (32-bit).
- Name this new value DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation.
- Double click/or click right to the folder. Set the Value data to 1 and press OK.
- Close and Restart Outlook.
Finally, you have disabled Simplified Account Creation successfully. New process to add new accounts.
Setup Email account using Control Panel
Adding Account from the control panel is an alternate method, Open control Panel of your system, there are multiple ways to open it, the easiest approach.
- Click Win + R
- Enter control panel and Hit Ok.
- Click on Mail (Microsoft Outlook) from the list.
- Select ‘Email Accounts’ from the ‘Mail setup box’.
- Now click ‘Email Tab‘ from the left-hand corner of the screen, ‘Add Account‘ window pops up, select “Email account“.
- Now fill out all the text fields carefully and click on the ‘Next’ button to add your account manually, that will complete the process and you will end up adding your account.
Steps to Enable IMAP in your Gmail account
In most cases, (major or minor) account holder needs to modify the IMAP setting to excess Outlook while adding the account.
- Log in to your Gmail account >> click on the “Setting” (gear icon) at the top-right corner of the screen and select ”See all settings”.
- Select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” from all the setting options and click on the box to “Enable IMAP” in the “IMAP Access” section.
- Click “Save Changes” from the bottom of the screen.
Now you can easily configure your Gmail account in Outlook.
Bonus Tip: After all this, the best and effective solution is restarting Microsoft Outlook, it will reset all the technical bugs and allow Outlook to work normally.
All the above solutions can help you get rid of the error “We couldn’t create the Outlook data file“, in case still having trouble, the only solution left is to delete your Office and reinstall it again.