Just finished to setup Outlook notification on my computer, and started to get all my email alert.
In reality, after some time you encountered real disturbance on every new email received. In case you are doing a presentation or showing someone how to do something on your computer, frequent notification causes real damage to your presentation.
It is better to get rid of it or Turn off Outlook Notifications, In this article, you will learn step by step process to disable Outlook notifications permanently, or you can restrict Outlook notification from a Specific Account or email address.
How to Disable Outlook Notification?
Earlier in the previous article, “How To Set Outlook Notification On Desktop“, you will learn a few different scenarios to enable Outlook alert.
Here is the step by step process to Turn off Outlook Notifications.
- Open Microsoft Outlook Application.
- Click to File Tab on the top left side corner of the screen.
- Click Options >> Outlook Options dialog box appears, Click Mail.
- On the right side, in the Message Arrival section, choose the options that match your preferences.
Play a sound and Display a Desktop Alert plays an important role in Outlook Notification. The envelope icon in your taskbar is a silent feature bit less annoying. Turning Off Outlook notification reduce distractions while working, Uncheck both of them (Play a sound and Display a Desktop Alert) and simply click OK.
How To Turn Off Customize Outlook Notification? [Using Rule Function]
Some of the users want to keep the notification feature, but due to the specific email address or account regular inflow causes real problems, for instance, “Quora“, If you want to disable the new email notification for a specific email account in Outlook but keep other accounts activate.
Outlook Rule function comes into play, you have to keep the inflow intact for all the emails, you can customize specific email address using rule function and restrict to show you a notification.
You can check that email in your inbox anytime. Let’s begin the process:
Before applying the rule function, make sure to keep all kinds of notifications disable. Instead of enabling Outlook notification directly, you have to turn On notification using rule function, which allows you to restrict access to specific email addresses.
- Open Outlook
- Click Home >> Go To Rules >> Manage Rules & Alerts
- Rules and Alerts dialog box appears, Click New Rule under the Email rules Tab.
- Rules wizard dialog box appears >> Select “Apply rule on messages I receive” under Start from a blank rule section >> click Next button.
- Second Rules wizard selection dialog box, consist of numerous options. Under this section, you have to select a specific condition of an email received. Leave all the options unchecked and click next, because here you are talking about all the emails. and click Yes in the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog.
- Next Rule wizard appears >> Select (check) the option “Display a Desktop Alert” and Click Next.
- Exemption section, In the next Rules Wizard, checks the “except if from people or public group” box Under Step 2, click on people or public group link text.
- In the Rule Address dialog box, select the email account by clicking From, (incase that email address saved in your contact list) or type manually. Then click OK.
- Finally Click Next.
- Final Rule Setup, specify a name for the rule, keep the Turn on this rule box checked, and click Finish. to complete.
- All set, now onwards, you received all email notifications instead of the specific email addresses.
How to Turn Off Notification of your Own email from multiple ones!
In case you are using multiple accounts in Outlook, and not the specific person and email address is causing you trouble, but the entire most active email address of your’s own, which gets numerous emails every minute is the biggest problem.
Referring above, in the second rules wizard selection dialog box, you have to check the “through the specific account” box Under Step 2, click on the “specific” link text.
In the Account dialog box, select the email account you want to disable new email notifications and click the OK button.
Further steps are similar to the above clarification. Disable the entire Outlook notification using window seating, you have already learned how?
Focus Assist on Windows 10 feature
In case you like to disable for entire notification for a particular time frame without disturbing or using any rule function on Outlook, Focus assist on window help you out.
Here is the step by step process.
- Click “Windows+i” on your keyboard, you will directly enter the Settings panel of your computer.
- Enter “Focus Assist” into the search bar, and then select “Focus Assist Automatic Rule” from the dropdown list.
- Under “Focus Assist” >> Automatic rule section, four options are available, Turn On as per your requirement, “During these times” by default is OFF, you must turn it On.
You must customize “During These Times” by clicking on it and changing the time options.
This option allows you to keep yourself undisturbed, on the specific time frame.
Disable Notification Outlook web
Open Outlook.com and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen >> Click “View all Outlook settings”.
- Click on “General” in the left-hand corner of the screen >> Click Notification
- In the “Desktop Notification” section, Turn off the slider next to “Send me browser notifications when a message arrives”.
- Close the file & your Outlook notifications are off.
The above tutorial figures out all step by step process “How To Turn off Outlook Notifications”.
- How To Turn off Conversation View in Outlook 365?
- How to change the subject line in Outlook? [of received messages]
- Grammarly For Outlook App/Webmail
- Outlook How to Change Message Preview?
- How To Send Invitations From Outlook Calendar?
- How to backdate an email in Outlook?
- How To Create Unified Inbox View?