Google calendar has become an essential part of our daily lives. For instance, it helps us schedule meetings, appointments, birthdays, etc.
Various individuals and businesses widely use Microsoft Outlook around the globe. People use Microsoft Office 365 to synchronize their data across multiple devices and systems.
This article will explain how to connect Microsoft Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar. Both Outlook and Google Calendar are Web-based calendars.
Both calendars store 4-hour blocks of time called Appointment Times. They also store other information, like names, email addresses, phone numbers, and calendars.
If you wish to synchronize Microsoft Outlook calendars with Google Calendars, follow the steps below.
How to Add Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar?
Google Calendar is an efficient calendaring tool, but did you know you can add Outlook Calendar to it? You can synchronize your existing Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar using the free calendar app.
Syncing your Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar allows you to bring any information from Outlook Calendar into your Google Calendar, and vice versa.
In one of my earlier articles, you have learned a step-by-step method to synchronize Google calendar to Outlook calendar.
- Both platforms are web-based, so go to your Outlook 365 account or Outlook PWA and log in.
- We will need to obtain the link from the Outlook calendar to display it on Google Calendar.
- Click on Settings on the top right corner gear icon >> View all Outlook settings.
- From the left navigation panel, click on the calendar, which opens a few other options >> Select Shared Calendars
- A shared calendar brings you a few additional options, from the “Publish a calendar” section, you need to select a calendar you like to share, in case you only have one Calendar set up, it will be called “Calendar”.
- The next step is to select “Can view all details” from the second dropdown menu and click “Publish“.
- That will drop you to a calendar HTML link and an ICS link, [ICS link allows people to import your calendar into their calendar program while the HTML link provides people with the ability to view your calendar in a browser.]
- From both, the options click the ICS link >> copy the link to your clipboard
You can also download the link, which later, import it into your google calendar. That is the end of part one, now you have the link, the next step is to insert/import the link into Google Calendar.
Steps to use an Outlook Link to Sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar
Now you have the Outlook calendar ICS link, next you need to import the link into Google Calendar.
- Open Google Calendar and click on the ‘+‘ sign next to ‘Other calendars.’ from the left navigation section.
- Next Click ‘From URL‘.
- Next, it’s time to paste the link you copied earlier in the part one explanation.
- After clicking on “Add Calendar“, your calendar is added to the Google calendar navigation section.
There are tons of other settings available in Google Calendar to help you navigate and modify the features according to your requirement.
The calendar will sync up with your Outlook calendar until you stay subscribed. It may take a few minutes for changes to the Outlook calendar to be reflected in Google Calendar.
To summarize, the process is complete only when Google Calendar syncs events to Outlook. This way, you can add an event to your calendar directly from the Outlook calendar.
The Outlook Calendar app offers the same functionality as Google Calendar, which allows users to manage and synchronize their calendars in one place.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
What is an ICS file in a Calendar?
An ICS file is a calendar file saved in a universal calendar format used by several email and calendar programs,
How often does Outlook calendar sync with Google?
Data is synchronized each time you start Outlook, both Microsoft and Google support the iCal format, it will take a maximum of 10 minutes or immediately after you create or receive a meeting invitation.
How to Stop Outlook Sync with Google Calendar?
Once the chain is connected, the only method to Stop Outlook to Sync with Google Calendar is to remove the calendar from Google.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Scroll down to the calendar navigation section.
- Select your calendar.
- Click the cross to unsubscribe from the calendar which is available on the right-hand side of the calendar name.
- Click Remove calendar and your Outlook calendar stop syncing with google calendar.