All of you observe while restarting or starting your personal computer or laptop you have to start your Microsoft Outlook separately. It’s not a technical glitch, its a pattern. You like to make Outlook start automatically with a computer/laptop.
Here in this write-up, you have to setup/change a few backhand settings which start outlook on startup.
Its really beneficial, Outlook unable to update those email messages which hit your inbox until you open the application, it will take few movements to update.
How To Make Outlook Auto Start [Step by Step Process]
Windows consist of a startup folder, which allows those programs to autostart once your system start. Windows 10 consists of few programs like (Audio, antivirus, Snagit, Camtasia), these programs start with your windows.
You can add the Microsoft Office Outlook application to the Startup folder in order to auto-start your Outlook when turning on your computer.
Finding your startup folder in a different setup like Window 7/8/8.1/10 are different, there is one thing common is “RUN“.
Follow the steps:
- Close your Outlook if running, refresh your system.
- Hit ‘Windows key + R‘ key, its a Run Command.
- Run command window appears, type shell:appsfolder and click on OK, it will take you to the application folder of your system which includes Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Apps Folder, search Outlook using ‘Ctrl + F’, type Outlook, copy the program shortcut using ‘Ctrl + C’.
- Again Hit ‘Windows key + R‘ key, its a Run Command and open up run dialog box.
- Type shell:startup and click on OK to open the Startup folder on your computer.
- Simply hit Ctrl + V to paste that outlook application into the startup folder.
You can also use drag and drop option to copy the outlook application into the startup folder, you have to open both the folders (startup and application) simultaneously, Drag the Outlook icon from the application folder without releasing the mouse button and drop that icon into the startup folder.
All set, when you start your computer, Outlook runs automatically.
Copy the following path to the Run dialog, and then press Enter %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs\Startup
This process directly takes you to the startup folder.
How To Disable Outlook From Opening on Startup?
Turn off outlook on startup, required selecting outlook application from startup folder:
- Hit ‘Window + R‘ key, type shell:startup, and click on OK.
- Startup Folder appears you will find Outlook application in the folder.
- Select that application, click the mouse right button, click delete.
After this, you will no longer find Outlook starting Automatically with your computer. I always recommend all outlook users to enable this step.
- How To Setup/Run Rules in Outlook 365 Webmail? [Use rules to manage your email]
- Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending?
- How To Send Multiple Emails to One Person in Outlook?
- How to Combine Outlook Calendars? [3 Ways to Explore] 2020
- How to Send Multiple Emails in Outlook Without Recipients Showing? [Bcc]
- How to Increase Font Size in Microsoft Outlook?
- How To Turn On Email Delivery/Read Receipts In Outlook? [Step by Step Guide]
- How To Create Sticky Notes In Outlook?