All of you observe while restarting or starting your personal computer or laptop you must start your Microsoft Outlook separately.
It’s not a technical glitch, it’s a pattern. You like to make Outlook start automatically with a computer/laptop.
Here in this write-up, you must set up/change a few backhand settings which start outlook on startup.
It’s beneficial, Outlook is unable to update those email messages which hit your inbox until you open the application, it will take a few movements to update.
How to add Outlook to startup Windows [Step by Step Process]
Windows consist of a startup folder, which allows those programs to AutoStart once your system start. Windows 10 consists of a few programs like (Audio, antivirus, notes, and Spotify), these programs start with your windows.
You can add the Microsoft Office Outlook application to the Startup folder to auto-start your Outlook when turning on your computer.
Finding your startup folder in a different setup like Window 7/8/8.1/10 is different, there is one thing common “RUN“.
Follow the steps:
- Close your Outlook if running and refresh your system.
- Go to the search bar of your window, and type Outlook you find the Outlook icon, which directly opens your Outlook, Click the right mouse button, and click open file location.
- In the Apps Folder, search Outlook using ‘Ctrl + F’, type Outlook, and copy the program shortcut using ‘Ctrl + C’.
- Hit ‘Windows key + R‘ key, it’s a Run Command and opens the run dialog box.
- Type shell:startup and click on OK to open the Startup folder on your computer.
- Simply Hit Ctrl + V to paste that outlook application into the startup folder.
You can also use the drag and drop option to copy the Outlook application into the startup folder, you have to open both the folders (startup and application) simultaneously.
Drag the Outlook icon from the application folder without releasing the mouse button and drop that icon into the startup folder.
All set, when you start your computer, Outlook runs automatically.
Copy the following path to the Run dialog, and then press Enter %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs\Startup
This process directly takes you to the startup folder.
How To Disable Outlook from Opening on Startup?
Turn off outlook on startup, required selecting outlook application from startup folder:
- Hit the ‘Window + R‘ key, type shell:startup, and click on OK.
- Startup Folder appears you will find the Outlook application in the folder.
- Select that application, click the mouse right button, and click delete.
After this, you will no longer find Outlook starting Automatically with your computer. I always recommend all outlook users enable this step.
Open Outlook Calendar on Startup
Outlook is one of the most popular email programs around, but if you don’t use it often, you may have missed a few tips for making it work more efficiently.
One of those tips is to set up the program to automatically open at startup. When you open Outlook, it will launch into your default calendar.
But you can set the program to open to your default calendar (or calendar of choice) every time you start the program.
Outlook Calendar, Todo list, and Email all are part of the Microsoft Outlook application, once you add the outlook application icon to the startup setup of your computer, it will automatically allow you to Open Outlook Calendar on Startup.
In summary, this article will explain the steps on how to start the Outlook application automatically when you start your computer system, which will help you get fresh emails updated in your Outlook application instantly.
As far as Outlook Web or Outlook Progressive Web App (PWA) is concerned, any updating regarding fresh email will be updated until you open the website or PWA.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do I need to keep Outlook Open?
It depends on the user, Outlook has features of running outlook in the background even if you close the Outlook application.