Adding recipient into your email to a safe senders list in the process of reversing adding an email address to the Junk E-mail.
Block an Email Address in Outlook is restrict those emails received in your inbox which you considered as junk email.
In this article you will learn how to add emails into Safe Senders List, this process applies to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, Outlook for Microsoft 365.
How to Add Safe Sender in Outlook?
There are quick two methods to add to the whitelist:
- Select the Automatically add people I email to the Safe Senders List checkbox.
- Add manually in the safe sender list.
Automatically add people I email to the Safe Senders List
Adding email address one by one in the safe sender list is quite boring, Outlook provides an easy method to manually add senders and domains to the Safe Senders list. After slit modification, every email you send from your outbox will automatically add to the safe sender list.
- Open Outlook >> Click on Home Tab from the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Junk >> Junk E-mail Options.
- Junk emails options dialog box appears >> select safe sender >> & then select the Automatically add people I email to the Safe Senders List check box.
Click ok to complete, from now onwards whenever you send an email to somebody will automatically save it in your safe sender list.
Import from File and add in Safe Sender List
The above method adds an email address or domain to the whitelist in Outlook until you send an email message to the sender. You can simply add multiple emails to the safe list by importing the text file.
Here is the step how it works:
Instead of entering email addresses one by one, click on Import from File.
Select your text file from the computer location and click open, your email address automatically imported into the list, Click Ok to complete.
How to Add Email Sender or Domain into Whitelist in Outlook.com
The flow of Email messages into your inbox sometimes resulting in landing in a junk box based on a variety of factors, including time and content of the email, the best part is to keep an eye on the junk mailbox and turn an important sender or domain into Safelist.
- Open the message from the sender you want to add to the whitelist.
- Click the three-dot on the right top corner of the screen.
- Click Add to Safe senders.
- Select OK to complete, from now onwards sender you added to the Safe Senders list.
Why You Need to add the Email address to Whitelist in Outlook
Recently one of my friends asks me why I need to add an email address to Whitelist in Outlook if it not in the blocked list. Usually, Outlook is designed to prevent your inbox from unnecessary junk email to land in your inbox, outlook identifies emails based on some parameters and blocks those emails, and sends them to junk mail.
Adding those email address and domain provide them a trusted certificate and in near future, those email messages will land normally without any resistance.
The list is also used to automatically download images in messages from those senders, while the default is set not to do that for privacy reasons.