Snooze an email in Outlook (new) and Outlook.com is the feature to get reminders of specific email messages at a predefined time.
Snoozing messages is a powerful way to manage your busy inbox. You can snooze messages that you aren’t ready to handle yet and revisit them later.
Sometimes due to a busy schedule, you won’t switch to your existing task and reply to an important email received in your inbox, in that case, we need to get back to that email and reply.
Microsoft Outlook Snooze feature allows you to reappear an exact email at a particular time.
What does Snooze Mean in Outlook?
Have you ever wondered what snooze means in Outlook? Well, let me tell you, it means exactly nothing.
It’s simply a button that allows you to schedule an email to send out at some unspecified time later. If you don’t want to miss anything anymore, then turn off those emails.
Outlook has become one of the most common email clients in the world.
It lets us manage our mailboxes easily through its various features such as scheduling messages, archiving them, and forwarding them to other accounts.
The default setting of every Outlook user is to receive scheduled emails.
This feature is particularly useful when dealing with large inboxes or in case you receive tons of emails every day.
However, if you aren’t careful enough, you might end up missing important messages because they get buried under countless incoming emails. How can you stop that from happening?
How to Snooze Email in Outlook.com
To snooze an email in Outlook.com, Let’s walk through the step-by-step method:
- Open Outlook.com in the browser.
- Select an email you want to snooze, by making a tick in the corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Snooze button.
- Select a specific time slot given in the dropdown list, or you can customize your own convenient date/time.
- You can select the Choose a date option and the date and time >> Click save to complete the process.
After initiating the action, you can instantly reverse the action using undo option which will appear for almost a second on the button on the screen.
Your email message is automatically removed from the folder and moved to another folder “Snooze“, which is available on the left-hand side of the screen.
You will find all your snoozed emails available in this folder. If you want to deal with it before then, there is no option to unsnoozed the email message, earlier you will find the “Unsnoozed button” which will move the email message back to the inbox.
One of the drawbacks is once it is set, you can’t reverse or undo the snooze, in case you skip the undo appears just after you initiate the feature.
However, if you delete or archive the email from your account, you won’t get any notification for that specific email in Outlook.com
How to Snooze an Email in the Desktop Version of Outlook?
There are no such separate options available in the Outlook Desktop application for snoozing an email message, but still, you can still do that in the Outlook application.
The purpose of snoozing is to schedule an email to send out at some unspecified time later.
- Open Outlook Inbox and select the specific email you like to schedule.
- Go to the Home tab from the ribbon >> Click on Follow up the drop-down list
- Select add reminder
A custom dialog box appears “Flagging creates a todo list that reminds you to follow, after you follow up, you can mark the todo time complete“.
There are three options Flags to, Start Date, and Due date. Flag to consist of multiple options available in the drop-down list, you can select any option.
Select the Start date and Due date, the most important thing is a reminder, by default the reminder check box is already selected, set the date and time, and click OK.
That is, now you prescribed the time and date you will get the reminder to follow up on that email message.
How to Unsnooze an Email in Outlook?
When you snooze an email message in Outlook, it gets moved from its original folder to the “Snoozed” folder for a designated period. To unsnooze an email, follow these steps:
- Locate the “Snoozed” folder on the left navigation pane and open it by double-clicking.
- Inside the “Snoozed” folder, you’ll find all the messages that have been snoozed. Select the specific email you want to unsnooze.
- At the top ribbon of Outlook web, you’ll find the “Snoozed” option. Click on it to open a drop-down list.
- From the drop-down list, select “Unsnooze.” This action will move the selected email back to its original folder, restoring it to its initial position.
By following these steps, you can efficiently unsnooze email messages in Outlook and return them to their original locations.
The new version of Outlook, which features a nearly identical interface and functionality to its predecessor, includes the ability to snooze and unsnooze emails.
Let’s explore “How to Unsnooze an Email in the New Outlook”.
- Find the “Snoozed” folder in the left-hand navigation pane of Outlook and open it with a double-click.
- This folder contains all your snoozed emails. Choose the email you wish to unsnooze.
- In the New Outlook interface, there’s a “Snoozed” button located on the top ribbon. Click on this to access a drop-down menu.
- In the menu, choose “Unsnooze.” This will return the chosen email to its original folder, reinstating it to where it was initially.
These steps allow you to effectively Unsnooze Emails in Outlook, ensuring they are restored to their original folders.
How to find Snoozed Emails in Outlook?
This question often arises because many users have trouble locating their snoozed emails in Microsoft Outlook.
To find snoozed emails, you should look within the “Snoozed” folder.
It’s a straightforward process: after you’ve snoozed an email, you can easily access the “Snoozed” folder.
You’ll typically find it in the left navigation section of both Outlook Web and the New Outlook application.
This folder neatly organizes all the emails you’ve temporarily postponed, making it convenient to manage your scheduled return of messages.
Snooze Emails in Outlook on iOS
Often when I’m unable to access Outlook on my laptop, my iPhone is always by my side, allowing me to receive all my emails on my mobile phone.
Conveniently, I can snooze important emails that I need to handle later.
Let’s explore the steps to do this effectively.
- Open the Outlook app on your mobile device.
- Access your inbox. Long-press on any email you wish to delay.
- You have the option to select multiple emails to snooze them simultaneously.
- Tap on the three vertical dots to bring up the context menu.
- Select the ‘Snooze‘ option and decide the duration for which you want to postpone the message.
Few Important Points while using Outlook Snooze Email Feature
While using the Snooze feature in Outlook, I always keep the following important points in mind:
- The Snooze button remains inactive until you select an email to snooze. Once selected, you can move that email to the Snooze folder by choosing from the available options.
- I have the option to use predefined time frames or set a custom time and date to keep my email snoozed. I choose the time frame that best aligns with my schedule and the email’s urgency.
- When a snoozed email returns to my inbox, I may not receive new notifications for it.
- If I change my mind or mistakenly choose the wrong timing after snoozing an email, I can edit or unsnooze it at any time.
In conclusion, Outlook snooze emails are useful to help you know when you have to work on an email.
It prevents you from getting distracted by your inbox and helps you keep track of your priorities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Remove Snooze Folder in Outlook
The Snooze folder is an integral part of both the new Outlook and Outlook Web. Regardless of whether it contains any emails, this folder cannot be removed or deleted from your account.
Can you Snooze Emails in Outlook Desktop?
In the latest version of Outlook, which operates similarly to Outlook.com, the snooze feature is now available, making it quite simple to snooze emails in the Outlook desktop application.
Where is the Snooze Button in Outlook?
The Snooze button is located on the Home tab, but it remains inactive until you select the email you wish to snooze.
Additionally, you can access the Snooze option by right-clicking on an email from the list; it becomes available once an email is selected.