Superscript in Outlook is one of the features that help user to enhance their professional emails and documents.
The purpose of it is to raise characters above the line of text, and it is generally used for footnotes, trademarks, and other special characters that need to be differentiated from the rest of the text.
For example e.g. X2, 25th
This blog post will discuss how to use Keyboard Shortcut to Superscript in Outlook.
Shortcut to Superscript in Outlook
It is possible to apply superscript formatting to any number, letter, or symbol in your document using the keyboard shortcuts listed below.
- Select the existing text that you want to format as a superscript or place your cursor where you want to insert the superscript.
- Press Ctrl & Shift simultaneously then press the Plus sign (+) at the same time.
Important Note: (+) Sign in the main keyboard works, (+) Sign available in the number pad won’t work.
Superscript Shortcut using Format Text tab in Outlook
Using Superscript from the text tab using the keyboard Shortcut is very easy. Follow the steps below:
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the superscript. Or, select the existing text that you want to format as a superscript in your draft message.
- Click Alt + O + 6
- Your selected text will change to Superscript.
You can also use the Symbol Dialog Box to Insert Superscripts in your email message in Outlook, it is quite complicated.
Probably if you think you have done something wrong you can use the CTRL Z Keyboard shortcut to undo the task.
Superscript Shortcut using Font Dialog Box
Font Dialog Box is specially designed to change and modify the font used during creating a new email, reply, or forwarding. Follow the steps to get the Superscript shortcut using the font dialog box.
- Select the text that you want to format as a superscript in your draft message. Or place your cursor where you want to insert the superscript.
- Press Control D (CTRL + D).
- That will open the Font dialog box, which consists of multiple options like Font, Font style, Font size, Font color, and many more. It also includes a Superscript checkbox.
- To select an active superscript for the text selected, use your Tab key and spacebar to select.
Note: – The tab key would be pressed until it reaches the Superscript option. and hit the Space bar to select the checkbox.
- Then Hit Enter. The selected text is converted into superscript.
Superscripts Symbol Shortcuts
In all the above methods any text you select will be converted into superscript.
The Symbol dialog box in Outlook offers superscript versions of the numbers zero through nine and a small collection of subscripts mainly used in equations and formulas.
You can easily insert the selected symbols as superscripts into Outlook email messages using a combination of a few Keyboards Shortcut.
Below Table give you details with symbols and Keyboard shortcut:
|0||Superscript Zero||2070 + Alt + X|
|i||Superscript Latin Small Letter I||2071 + Alt + X|
|4||Superscript Four||2074 + Alt + X|
|5||Superscript Five||2075 + Alt + X|
|6||Superscript Six||2076 + Alt + X|
|7||Superscript Seven||2077 + Alt + X|
|8||Superscript Eight||2078 + Alt + X|
|9||Superscript Nine||2079 + Alt + X|
|+||Superscript Plus Sign||207A + Alt + X|
|–||Superscript minus Sign||207B + Alt + X|
|=||Superscript Equals Sign||207C + Alt + X|
|(||Superscript Left Parenthesis||207D + Alt + X|
|)||Superscript Right Parenthesis||207E + Alt + X|
|n||Superscript Latin Small Letter N||207F + Alt + X|
Important Things to Know About Superscript in Outlook
You can apply the superscript format to the portion or some part of the text in the email message.
And if you want to apply to only partial text in the paragraph, first get into the edit mode (by clicking the control and arrow keys), select the part on which you want to apply the superscript format, and then use the steps above.
In conclusion, superscripts in Outlook can be a helpful tool for quickly and easily formatting emails.
Superscripts are also useful for adding notes to the bottom of emails, or for adding special characters to emails.
By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to insert superscripts into Outlook emails easily.
This can help you quickly and easily add the necessary formatting to make your emails look more professional and organized.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles