The snooze feature is designed to temporarily remove an email from your inbox and bring it back at a specific time.
This means when you receive a new email and you’re unable to address it immediately, you can choose to snooze it.
The email will then reappear in your inbox at the time frame you’ve set. It’s important to note that this snooze feature is only available in web-based versions of Outlook, such as Outlook.com and the new Outlook.
In this article, you will learn the keyboard shortcut to easily snooze your emails.
Keyboard Shortcut to snooze in New Outlook and Outlook Web
The keyboard shortcut to snooze email in New Outlook and Outlook Web is:
Steps to use Snooze in Outlook (NEW + WEB)
To use the snooze feature in Microsoft Web and the new Outlook, the keyboard shortcut ‘B’ is very straightforward to execute.
Let’s go through the method step by step.
- Open Outlook Web or New Outlook.
- Select the email you want to snooze using the up and down arrow keys.
- Once you have selected the email Press “B” or “b” from your keyboard.
- When you activate the snooze feature, a small window will appear offering recommended times and dates for you to select. Alternatively, you can also set up a custom date and time of your choosing.
Important Note – When selecting emails using the up and down arrow keys, you can also hold down the Control key to select multiple emails at once. This is useful if you want to snooze several emails simultaneously. After making your selection, you can then use the keyboard shortcut ‘B‘ to snooze the selected emails.
Alternate method to Snooze Email in Outlook
The snooze feature in Outlook can be found on the Home tab, where you can manually click on it.
In the same area, options to select the date and time will appear.
Alternatively, you can right-click with your mouse to access a list of options, where you will also find the snooze feature.
I have written a detailed article on this topic, titled “How to Snooze Email in Outlook,” which you can refer to for more information.
Important Things to Must Know About Snooze in Outlook
When discussing the snooze feature in Outlook, there are several important aspects to be aware of.
Here’s a list of key points:
- The snooze feature is available in web-based versions of Outlook, like Outlook.com and the new Outlook.
- Snoozing an email temporarily removes it from your inbox and reschedules it to return at a specified time, helping to manage email clutter and focus on high-priority tasks.
- Users can select from preset snooze times or set a custom date and time for the email to reappear in the inbox.
- It’s possible to snooze multiple emails at once. This can be done by selecting multiple emails using the Control key (or Command key on Mac) along with the arrow keys and then applying the snooze function.
- The snooze feature is particularly useful for emails that require attention but are not immediately urgent, allowing users to focus on the most pressing tasks without losing track of other important emails.
- Once the snooze period ends, the email will reappear in the inbox, often marked as unread, to draw attention.
- It’s important to note that snoozed emails are not gone or archived; they are only out of sight temporarily.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles