The “Save As” feature in Outlook is a versatile tool, that helps users manage emails and attachments effectively.
It’s used for archiving important emails and simplifying document sharing by saving attachments separately or in different formats.
It aids in email organization, allows categorization into folders, and serves as a backup method for creating local copies, enhancing data security in case of server issues.
Discover a time-saving shortcut in Outlook! Learn how to quickly ‘Save As‘ your emails and attachments with ease using Keyboard Shortcut.
Shortcut to ‘Save As’ in Outlook
Below is the keyboard shortcut to open the Save As dialog box in Outlook
In case you have the function key enabled on your keyboard, you will have to use the below keyboard shortcut instead:
Fn + F12
Steps to Use the Shortcut to ‘Save As’ in Outlook?
Let’s check the steps to use the Save As keyboard shortcut in Outlook:
- Open an Outlook email in a separate window, simply double-click on the one you wish to ‘Save As‘.
- Press the F12 key once. If your function key functionality is enabled, hold the Function key on your keyboard and then press the F12 key
- In the Save As dialog box that opens, enter the name of the file
- Select the location where you want to save the file
- Click on the Save button
Alternative to Keyboard Shortcut to Save As in Outlook
You can achieve the same result without relying on a keyboard shortcut. The Outlook ribbon also provides an option to access the Save As dialog box.
Here are the steps to open ‘SAVE AS‘ dialog box using the Ribbon:
- Click the File tab
- Click on the ‘Save As’ option
- Click on Browse
These steps would also open the Save As dialog box in Outlook.
I hope this tutorial about how to use a keyboard shortcut to open the ‘Save As’ dialog box in Outlook has been useful.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles
- Christmas Tree Emoji Shortcut for Outlook🎄
- Keyboard Shortcut to Add Briefcase Emoji 💼 in Outlook Email
- Keyboard Shortcut to Minimize Outlook
- Outlook Shortcut for Laughing (ROFL) Emojis 🤣
- Keyboard Shortcut for Fingers Crossed Emojis in Outlook 🤞🏽
Related Articles You May Also Like: