In this blog post, we will explore the “Mark as Read” keyboard shortcut, which is a useful tool for quickly and easily managing your inbox.
By using this shortcut, you can quickly mark emails as read without having to open them individually.
This can save you a significant amount of time in the long run, as you won’t have to waste time clicking through each message individually.
We will cover the basics of how to use the “Mark as Read” keyboard shortcut, as well as some additional tips and tricks for managing your inbox more efficiently.
Keyboard Shortcut to Mark as Read in Outlook
Keyboard shortcut to Mark as Read in Outlook checkout below.
Ctrl + Q
Both the Control (ctrl) keys will work to Mark the selected conversation or message as read in the Outlook folder (Inbox, send, Outlook, Draft, or Trash).
Steps to Use the Keyboard Shortcut to Mark message as read in Outlook
Follow the below steps to insert a hyperlink in an Outlook message.
- Firstly choose the folder (for instance: Inbox, Sent, Outbox, Draft, or Trash)
- Select the email message or conversation using the UP and DOWN arrow keys.
- Press and hold the control key.
- Without releasing the Control (CTRL) Key, press the Q key. That will Mark the message as read.
- You will see the change of color/dullness once the message is marked as read.
Another Quick Shortcut to Mark message as read in Outlook
Alt + H + W
- Select the Email message or conversation which you like to mark as read, and select the email or conversation using the Up and Down Arrow keys.
- Press Alt Key from your keyboard.
- Click H
- Then, click W
- That will observe you’re email as marked as read.
Note: In case accidentally you select the already-read email and use this Keyboard shortcut, that will change the mode back to unread. This Shortcut is common for marking the email as read or marking the email as unread.
The alternate method to mark the selected message as read in Outlook
One of the smart methods to mark the email as read is selection, Once you move your selection using the mouse Up and Down arrow key when you select the unread email message and move the selection to the next email message, the system automatically marks the email message as read. You will also check the change in color.
Additional Information about mark the selected message as read in Outlook
- Unread Email messages allow bringing attention to act on them. Mark unless email as read, left with an important email message which required time and attention.
- All the above keyboard shortcuts help to mark the email as read in every folder of the email (for instance: Inbox, Sent, Outbox, Draft, or Trash)
- You can use Control (Ctrl) key to select multiple unread email messages at once and hit the same keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Q).
- Select the email message or select multiple messages, then click the Mouse right button, which will give you multiple options from the drop-down, and select “Mark as Read”.
In conclusion, implementing keyboard shortcuts such as “Mark as Read” can significantly improve productivity and efficiency.
This simple feature can save users valuable time and allow them to focus on more important tasks. With the increasing demand for faster and more accessible technology,
it’s essential for software developers to prioritize user experience and incorporate keyboard shortcuts in their applications.
Overall, the “Mark as Read” shortcut is a small but powerful addition that can make a big difference in daily workflow.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles