For most people, the task of forwarding an email can be an annoying and time-consuming process.
The ability to quickly and efficiently forward an email is critical. Thankfully, there are ways to save time by using shortcuts that make the task of forwarding emails easier.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to forward an email using the shortcut method. We’ll go over the steps one needs to take to ensure that the task is completed quickly and efficiently.
By the end of this blog post, you’ll have all the information needed to start using the shortcut method to forward emails quickly and easily.
So let’s get started and learn how to forward an email with the shortcut method!
Keyboard Shortcut to forward an Email in Outlook
The keyboard shortcut for “Forward an Email” in Outlook is:
Ctrl + F
Both Ctrl keys available on your Keyboard will work with F.
Steps to Forward Email using Keyboard Shortcut in Outlook
Here are the steps in detail to Forward Email using Keyboard Shortcut in Outlook.
- Open Outlook application
- Go to the inbox or folder and select the email you want to forward using the UP and DOWN arrow key.
- Press ‘Control’ and then Hit ‘F‘
Note: You can use any pair of Control keys available on your keyboard.
That email opens in the forward mode in a separate window, fill up additional information like email address, modify the subject line, add content, and add the attachment.
Finally, Press and Hold the Alt key and then Press + S, Outlook closes the window and sends the email message to your recipient.
In case Outlook is Offline, the message will land in Outlook Outbox, it is then sent the next time you go Online.
Alternate Keys to Forward Email in Outlook
Once you selected the email from the list you need to forward Click Alt + H, FW or you can also use another method using the keyboard shortcut.
From the Inbox Folder select the emails you like to forward. The email opens on the right Reading pane, or you can also double-click on it to open the email in a separate window.
Click Alt + H, FW keyboard shortcut.
In case you like to use the mouse, not the above keyboard shortcuts, here are the steps:
Open the email you like to forward in a separate window, or simply select the email from the message list, now you have two options:
- From the home tab, go to the response section, and click on forward, the mail will open opened in a separate window, you need to add some additional information like your forward message, you can add the attachment, and you can also add a new email address before sending the mail to all the members.
- Or use the forward key on the top of the message in the reading pane, now repeat the above requirement and click Send button.
Important Things to Must Know About Forwarding in Outlook:
- While replying to all you will get FW: on the subject line before the subject. There is a method you can very easily remove this FW: prefix from Subject line while forwarding the Email message.
- You will also get your trailing mail in the message body you can manually remove the trailing mail, or you can add some additional content above the trailing mail before forwarding.
- All the emails address available in the original email are available in the To, CC, and BCC areas.
- You can modify remove or add an additional email address before forwarding the email.
- If you are using the reply all keyboard shortcut from your MacBook, you have to use Cmd + Shift + F.
In conclusion, forwarding an email may seem like a simple task, but there are always ways to make it easier and quicker.
The use of keyboard shortcuts can save a significant amount of time, especially for those who frequently forward emails.
With these shortcuts, forwarding an email becomes much faster and more efficient, allowing you to stay productive throughout the day.
Utilizing these handy tricks will help you streamline your email management and make your workflow much more efficient.
Other Related Articles on Forwarding
- Keyboard Shortcut for Reply/Forward in Outlook
- Outlook How to Forward Emails?
- How to Indent in Outlook Email? [While Forwarding and Replying]
- How to create a (RULE) in Outlook to forward mails?
- How Outlook Search Attachment Type? [Straight forward Methods]
- Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to Create an Email to Contacts using [Keyboard Shortcuts]
- Create New Contact [Keyboard Shortcut]
- Add Attachment in Outlook Email [Keyboard Shortcut]
- Schedule an Appointment in Outlook [Keyboard Shortcut]
- [2 Quick] Keyboard Shortcut to Create NEW TASK in Outlook!
- Line and Paragraph Spacing in Outlook [Shortcut]