One of the easiest ways to speed up your workflow is by taking advantage of keyboard shortcuts.
These simple key combinations can help you access features and commands faster than using a mouse, trackpad, or touchscreen.
One keyboard function that is often overlooked but can be extremely useful is the “Find Contact” shortcut.
This shortcut allows you to instantly search for a specific contact in your address book or email list.
In this blog post, we will explore how to use the “Find Contact” Keyboard Shortcut.
Keyboard Shortcut to Find Contact in Outlook
You can use the keyboard shortcut to find the contact from the huge list of contacts. Here is the Keyboard Shortcut:
Control (Ctrl) + Y
Both Control (Ctrl) keys available on the keyboard, will work to Find a contact in Microsoft Outlook.
Steps to Use the Keyboard Shortcut to find contact in Microsoft Outlook
No matters which segment or part of Microsoft Outlook (Contact, Email or Calendar) you are in.
Follow the below steps to find contact in Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook Application.
- Press and hold the Control Keys.
- Without releasing the Control (CTRL), press the Y key. That will open Go to folder dialog box.
- You will see all the Email in the folder, every email consists of their related contacts saved in it.
- Select the email using UP and Down arrow key, then use right arrow key to expand.
- Now select the contact folder from the folder associated with that email address.
- Press Enter to open Contact list. Use Up and Down arrow key to move and select your required contact.
- In case there are numerous contacts and even with similar names, it is slightly difficult to find your required contact.
- Press F3, you will be directed to the search bar on the top of the screen. To do the new search, type the text and Press ENTER, you will the list of related email contacts saved in the contact list.
Important Note: Press F3 and then Esc to show all contacts again, that will delete all text of the previous search.
That’s the end of searching contacts using keyboard shortcut, in case you need to edit or delete, or dig deeper, enter the contact selected.
That will take you to the contact form you can edit the contact using keyboard shortcuts also, the process is almost similar to creating a new contact.
Alternate method to Find Contact in Outlook
Microsoft Outlook consist of email, contacts, to do list, and calendar, if you are already on contacts no problem, if not press Control + 3, that will change the selection of navigation pane to contacts.
- Press Alt + H, FC, you are forwarded to the search people under find section.
- Type the initials of your contact’s name you need to find; you will get the list of contacts match your inputs.
Another Quick Method using Keyboard Shortcut to find Contact in Outlook
Press Alt + H, AB, which will open the Address book: contacts, your cursor is already blinking on the search bar of Address book.
Again, type the initials of your contact’s name you need to find; you will get the list of contacts match your inputs. Hit Enter.
You will save time and effort when searching for specific contacts in your email or messaging app by using the “Find Contact” keyboard shortcut.
By using this shortcut, you can streamline your communication and increase your productivity by searching through your contact list and finding the person you’re looking for quickly.
Try it and see how it can benefit you in your daily workflow.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles