Creating a search folder in Outlook can be a great way to organize emails and keep track of important conversations.
It can be done manually, but a shortcut can save time and simplify the process. Knowing the right steps to create a search folder in Outlook can be a big help in managing emails and streamlining your workflow.
In this blog post, we’ll explore how to create a search folder in Outlook with a shortcut.
Keyboard Shortcut to Create New Search Folder Outlook
“Control + Shift + P”
Steps to Create New Search Folder using Keyboard Shortcut
Below are the detailed steps to Create New Search Folder using Keyboard Shortcut:
- Open Microsoft Outlook Application
- Hold Control + Shift, you can use both the combination of control and shift.
- Click Alphabet “P“.
- New Search Folder Dialog Box appears. There are a few segments and their categories to select, Click the Up and Down arrow to get there.
- At the bottom “Create a Custom Search Folder” option, which was designed to create your own search folder.
- Hit Tab Key twice to reach the OK button.
- Hit Enter to Proceed.
Alternate Method to Create New Search Folder using Keyboard Shortcut
Use ‘Alt + O + SF‘ and you will be forwarded to New Search Folder Dialog Box.
Additional Information on New Search Folder in Outlook
- It is not mandatory that before using the above shortcut, you need to be in the email section.
- Some of the segments like mail from people and lists, Organizing Mail, and Custom Folders required further inputs to create New Search Folder.
- Once your Folder is created you can check out, below the search folder on the left navigation section.
- New Search Folder created a copy of emails that matches the criteria. In case you delete the New Search Folder the original emails remain in the main folder.
In conclusion, creating a new search folder in Outlook is a fairly simple process that doesn’t take long to complete.
With the help of the shortcut, you can quickly and easily save your search parameters and access them whenever you need them.
This helps to save time and makes it easier to get the search results you need, quickly and with minimal effort.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles
- Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Go to Folder in Outlook [Shortcut]
- Add Currency Symbol in Outlook [Shortcut]
- Subscript In Outlook [Shortcut]
- Thumbs Up Emoji Outlook [shortcut]👍
- Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in Outlook [Shortcuts]
Related Articles on Folder
- Where Does Outlook Save Attachments? [OUTLOOK SECURE TEMP FOLDER]
- How to Automatically Download/Save Attachments in Outlook to a Certain Folder Using [VBA + Rules]?
- What is New Search Folder in Outlook?
- How to Make a New Folder in Outlook? [Organizing Email Smartly]
- How to mark all emails as read in Outlook? [Use Custom Search Folder]