It can be time-consuming and tedious to organize files, but creating shortcuts to files, folders, and applications, it can make this task much easier and more efficient.
Being able to quickly access and create folders is essential if you work with files and documents regularly.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to create a new folder using Keyboard Shortcut!
Keyboard Shortcut to Create a New Folder in Outlook
Keyboard shortcut to create a new folder in Outlook checkout below.
Control + Shift + E
Both Control (ctrl) and Shift keys along with ‘E‘ will work to create a new folder in Outlook.
Steps to Use the Keyboard Shortcut to Create a New Folder in Outlook
Below is the step to create a New Folder in Outlook using Keyboard Shortcut:
- Open the Outlook application, it is not mandatory to be in the mail section.
- Press and hold the control + Shift key.
- Without releasing the control (CTRL) and Shift Keys, press the E key. That will open the Create New Folder Dialog Box.
From the above:
- Name your folder.
- Select ‘Folder contain‘ from the drop-down list, usually, mail and post items are selected by default, that’s for email folders.
- Finally, you need to select where to place the folder: Use the Up and down arrows and left and right arrow keys to expand and collapse the folder.
- Rest your cursor there if you like to Create a New Folder.
- Hit Enter to close the dialog box and you can check out the folder from the folder pane section.
Note: – Use the TAB Key to Name to Folder contain to select where to place the folder section.
Another Quick Shortcut to Create a New Folder in Outlook
Here is another method you can try to Create a New Folder in Outlook:
Alt + O + N
Both Alt keys along with ‘O‘ then ‘N‘ will work to create a new folder in Outlook. That will open create a new folder dialog box, follow the above steps.
Shortcut to Create a New Folder in Outlook on Mac
Shift + Command + N
Additional Information about Creating a New Folder in Outlook
- In the “Folder contains section“, you need to select the folder (Calendar items, contacts items, InfoPath forms items, Journal Items, Mail and Post items, Note items & Task items).
- If you select the existing Folder the newly created folder will be the subfolder of the selected folder.
- Use the Shift + Tab key to move backward in case you need to reselect.
In conclusion, creating a folder in Outlook is an easy task and can be done quickly with the help of a keyboard shortcut.
By using the Ctrl + Shift + E Shortcut, users can quickly create a folder in Outlook, which can be used to organize emails better.
In addition, this shortcut is also available on MacOS, so Outlook users across different platforms can benefit from this time-saving shortcut.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles