Our inboxes are often inundated with unwanted emails from marketers, spammers, and unknown senders.
These distractions not only consume valuable space but divert our focus from essential tasks.
Fortunately, Microsoft Outlook offers a solution with its “Block Sender” feature.
Navigating through menus to access this tool can be cumbersome.
However, there’s a keyboard shortcut to expedite this process.
In this post, we’ll unveil this keyboard shortcut to Block Sender.
Keyboard Shortcut to Block Sender in Outlook
Use the keyboard shortcut to activate the “Block Sender” function in Outlook.
Ctrl + Shift + F10 + J + B
Both the Control (Ctrl) and Shift keys will work along with F10, once the panel shows up Click “J” and then Click “D“.
Steps to Use Keyboard Shortcut to Block Sender in Outlook
Let’s dive in and understand the steps to use the keyboard shortcut to Block Sender in Outlook.
- Open Outlook: Basically this must be your first step, launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Select Email Account: If you are managing multiple accounts in Outlook; select the one you’d like to access.
- Navigate to the Email: Go to your inbox or the relevant folder and locate the email from the sender you wish to block.
- Select the Email: Click on the email to highlight and select it.
- Use the Keyboard Shortcut: As of my last update in September 2021, there isn’t a direct keyboard shortcut dedicated to blocking a sender in Outlook. However, you can use a combination of shortcuts to achieve the result:
- Press Ctrl +
Shift + F10to simulate a right-click on the email.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate through the context menu that appears.
- Find and select the “Junk” or similar option.
- Within the subsequent submenu, choose “Block Sender.”
- Press Ctrl +
- Or use the direct Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl + Shift + F10 + J + B
- Confirm the Action: A prompt might appear asking you to confirm that you want to block the sender and move their emails to the junk folder. Confirm the action if necessary.
- Verification: To ensure the sender has been successfully blocked, go to the “Junk Email Options” under the “Home” tab. The blocked sender’s email address should appear in the “Blocked Senders” list.
Remember, blocking a sender will direct their future emails directly to the Junk Email folder.
If ever you change your mind, you can always unblock a sender by removing their email address from the “Blocked Senders” list.
Additional Information about BLOCK SENDER in Outlook
The “Block Sender” feature in Outlook is designed to divert unwanted emails directly to the Junk Email folder, enhancing your overall work experience and ensuring a clutter-free inbox.
Moreover, the ability to review and manage the “Blocked Senders List” offers flexibility, ensuring only undesired contacts are kept at bay.
However, while the feature is immensely beneficial, it does have its limitations. Spammers sometimes utilize varying email addresses, meaning one blocked address might not prevent all unwanted messages from that source.
Additionally, there’s always a potential for mistakenly blocking genuine senders.
Thus, periodic reviews of the blocked list and leveraging other Outlook utilities, like creating rules, can further refine the email management process and ensure optimal use.
The “Block Sender” shortcut in Outlook is a powerful tool for efficient email management.
By streamlining the process of filtering unwanted messages, users can maintain a more organized inbox.
Embrace this feature to optimize your Outlook experience and focus on what truly matters.
Other Related Articles on Block Sender
- How to Block Domain in Outlook? [Web/App] using Rule Function
- How to Block an Email Domain in Outlook? [Web/App]
- How to Enable/Disable Add-Ins in Outlook 365? : [A Concise Guide]
- Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Pop Out Reply [Keyboard Shortcut]
- How to Create an Email to Contacts using [Keyboard Shortcuts]
- Create New Contact [Keyboard Shortcut]
- Keyboard Shortcut For Right-Click In Outlook
- Add Attachment in Outlook Email [Keyboard Shortcut]
- Schedule an Appointment in Outlook [Keyboard Shortcut]
- [2 Quick] Keyboard Shortcut to Create NEW TASK in Outlook!
- Line and Paragraph Spacing in Outlook [Shortcut]