In today’s fast-paced world, managing emails can be a daunting task.
With the sheer volume of emails that we receive on a daily basis, it can be challenging to keep our inboxes organized.
This is where the archive email message shortcut comes in handy.
By archiving emails, we can keep our inbox clutter-free while still retaining important messages for future reference.
This feature is available in most email clients, including Outlook.
With a simple keyboard shortcut, we can quickly move emails to a designated folder, freeing up our inbox and reducing the risk of important emails getting lost in the shuffle.
In this article, we will explore the archive email message shortcut in more detail, focusing on how it works in Outlook.
We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to set up this feature and customize it to suit your needs.
Whether you’re a busy professional or simply looking to streamline your email management, this article will provide valuable insights into how you can use keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity and stay organized.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Archiving Email Messages
As we all know, archiving email messages can help us declutter our inbox and keep important messages organized.
But did you know that using keyboard shortcuts can make the process even faster and more efficient?
Keyboard shortcut to Archiving Email Messages in Outlook checkout below.
Open Outlook Press Spacebar.
Why Use Keyboard Shortcuts?
In this section, we’ll cover why you should use keyboard shortcuts for archiving email messages.
Using keyboard shortcuts can save you time and effort when it comes to archiving email messages.
Instead of having to click through menus or use your mouse to select messages, you can simply press a few keys on your keyboard to quickly archive messages and move on to the next one.
This can be especially helpful if you receive a lot of emails throughout the day and need to stay on top of them.
Steps to Use the Keyboard Shortcut to Archive Email Message in Outlook
Steps to Use the Keyboard Shortcut to Archive message in Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Application.
- Select the folder, which consists of emails you like to “Archive“, for instance, inbox.
- Select the email using Mouse or “Up” and “Down” keyboard arrow keys.
- Press Spacebar available in your Keyboard.
- Your Email is removed from your inbox and shifted to the archive folder.
Common Keyboard Shortcuts for Archiving Email Messages
There are a few common keyboard shortcuts that you can use to archive email messages in various email clients:
- Alt + H + O: This shortcut is basically commonly used in Outlook to archive messages. Simply select the message you want to archive and press Alt + H + O to move it to the folder of your archived messages.
- Backspace key: In Outlook, you can use the Backspace key to archive selected messages. This can be a quick and easy way to clear out your inbox without having to manually select each message.
Overall, using keyboard shortcuts for archiving email messages can be a great way to save time and stay organized.
Another Shortcut to Archive Messages in Outlook
This alternate method quite unfavorable because “if I can use only space bar to execute the action, why should I take a long path.”
Use Alt + H + O after selecting the email message and the message will be shifted to Archive Folder just like that.
In conclusion, utilizing the archive email message shortcut is a great way to increase productivity and keep your inbox organized.
By quickly archiving emails, you can keep your inbox clean and reduce clutter, allowing you to focus on the most important messages.
Whether you’re using Outlook on Windows or Mac, or even Gmail, there are various keyboard shortcuts available to help you archive emails with ease.
By taking the time to learn and utilize these shortcuts, you can save valuable time and increase your overall productivity.
In addition to keyboard shortcuts, utilizing a calendar can also help you stay organized and on top of your emails.
By scheduling time to go through your inbox and archive messages, you can ensure that you’re staying on top of your emails and not letting them pile up.
Overall, utilizing keyboard shortcuts and other productivity commands can help you stay organized and on top of your email game.
We encourage you to take the time to learn these shortcuts and incorporate them into your daily routine to increase your productivity and stay on top of your inbox.
Other Outlook Shortcut Related Articles
- Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Go to Folder in Outlook [Shortcut]
- Add Currency Symbol in Outlook [Shortcut]
- Subscript In Outlook [Shortcut]
- Thumbs Up Emoji Outlook [shortcut]👍
- Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in Outlook [Shortcuts]
Related Articles on Folder
- Outlook Archive vs Delete: [Which One Should You Choose?]
- How To Archive in Outlook 365, 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2010?
- Flag a Message for Follow Up [Keyboard Shortcut]
- What is New Search Folder in Outlook?
- How to Make a New Folder in Outlook? [Organizing Email Smartly]
- How to mark all emails as read in Outlook? [Use Custom Search Folder]