By Default Microsoft Outlook send/receive emails that control when it checks for new messages and sends the messages that you have created.
Sometimes you might want to schedule how often it checks for new messages. In this article, you will learn step-by-step methods on “How to schedule how often auto send/receive occurs“.
You can manage your inbox to update for new mail every few minutes or every few hours.
How to change send/receive settings in Outlook?
If you are expecting an important email, you can schedule new messages automatically by following these steps:
- Open Outlook
- Select Send/Receive >> Send/Receive Groups >> Define Send/Receive Groups, (or you can use keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+S)
- Send/Receive Groups dialog box appears, highlight All Accounts.
- Select the Schedule and automatically send/receive every check box.
- By default 30 min is designed, you can modify the interval manually (maximum up to 1440 minutes & Minimum to 1 minute).
- Select Close.
How to Include & Exclude Account in the group for Outlook Mail Checking?
Most of the users consist of multiple email accounts in Outlook, you can easily include or exclude them from the group for mail checking.
- In the Send/Receive Groups dialog box, highlight All Accounts.
- Click Edit, Send/Receive setting Dialog box appears.
- On the left-hand pane section, all your email account is added, you can also observe the red cross sign on the email address icon, which indicates that the email address is not Include the selected account in this group.
- To add an account to automatic checking, choose the account and select the Include the selected account in this group checkbox.
- Click Ok and close the dialog box.
Outlook Send/Receive Settings in Outlook 2003
- Open Outlook 2003 >> Click on Tool >> send/receive.
- Send/Receive Setting >> Define send/receive Groups (Or use Ctrl + Alt + S shortcut key).
- Send/Receive Groups dialog box appears, you can follow the similar steps above.