Everybody was similar to the ruler in Microsoft Word which helps you measure the indents or spacing easily. By default, the Microsoft Outlook ruler is missing in the setup.
In this article, you will learn “how to show ruler in outlook” & How rulers help Outlook users.
How to view ruler in Outlook?
Outlook ruler set margins when composing an email, before that, how to enable the ruler in Outlook. Here is the step-by-step guide to activate.
The ruler helps you align the text, graphics, Outlook tables, and other elements, here’s how to add the ruler button to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click New Mail, from the Home tab.
- Click on the Launcher key from the top left corner of the new email message window.
- In the Quick Access Toolbar, select Commands Not in the Ribbon, in the Choose commands from the list.
- Click Add, Outlook ruler added in the quick excess toolbar.
Check on the Outlook ruler icon on the quick excess toolbar, click the icon, you can enable the horizontal ruler across the top of the Outlook message body.
How to view ruler on ms outlook emails shortcut keys?
Once you enable Outlook Ruler in the quick excess toolbar, Use (Alt+6), Check the position of your Ruler in the quick excess toolbar and hit that number instead of six.
How Outlook Ruler Help User?
While composing an email message the whole screen is yours, Composing an email with a wide horizontal screen with very long lines is not a good idea, It’s more comfortable to read and compose an email when the text is only about 6 inches wide.
In case you are a reader, instead of adjusting the whole screen, it is better to create an email message by adjusting the margins using the ruler.
You can check and adjust margin using Page setup, here is the small tutorial:
- Double click on the Expander any icon (left or right) to open the Paragraph Dialog Box.
- By default both left and right indicators set on zero.
You can change the margins left and right, and click ok for one time, or you can click the Set as Default button at the bottom of the dialog, then choose All documents based on NormalEmail.dotm template and click OK.
- How to remove email account from Outlook?
- How To Delete Outlook Cache?
- How to change language on Outlook Email?
- What is RSS Feed in Outlook?
- We couldn’t create the Outlook data file [How to Fix it! Complete guide]
- How To Insert Table in Outlook? [Create/Edit/Delete]
- How to Create a Recurring Task in Outlook? + [Regenerated Task]