What is RSS feed full form – RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.
How To Add RSS feed to Outlook 365? (and get information to your inbox)
- Click File Tab
- Select Options >> Advanced >> RSS Feed
- Select or clear the Synchronize RSS Feeds to the Common Feed List (CFL) in Windows check box.
- Click OK.
How to use RSS Feeds in Outlook?
To get started, its time to add and link RSS of the specific website into the Outlook RSS Folder for the nonstop update, here is the step by step tutorial to accomplish.
- Go to the specific website you like RSS feedback to Outlook.
- Select the RSS Feed icon from the web site, such as , or, , for the content you want to receive.
- Once you click and select any of the RSS logos, you will get a separate URL which consists of the XML file, Copy the URL.
- Open Microsoft Outlook, Go to the navigation section of your inbox >> right-click the RSS Feeds folder >> Click Add a New RSS Feed.
- New RSS Feed dialog box pops up, Paste the same URL copied from the above step >> Click ADD.
- Outlook finally confirms to Add this RSS Feed to Outlook, click the Yes button.
- Click Advances in case if you need to configure the RSS Feed options. [you can name your feed, select download the full article as an .html attachment].
- Feed Name: Enter your name accordingly to your requirement.
- Delivery Location: By default, Outlook selects its own location to save the data file, in case some feeds generate huge amounts of information, so you may want to send that information to a special folder, specifically for podcasts.
- Downloads: Outlook automatically downloads only a brief summary of each item, you can select the checkbox in case you required to download the enclosed or the entire full article.
- Update Limit: Some RSS feed publishers update your information regularly. If you try to update too often, they cancel your subscription. If there’s a limit assigned to the feed you’ve chosen, this check box is automatically selected.
- Finally, click Yes to complete.
- Your RSS Feed folder added in the navigation bar, you can check the unread feeds and the list.
How To Stop RSS feeds?
In some cases, if you not further required RSS feed for a certain site anymore, you can easily remove that. You can smoothly delete without affecting your other RSS feeds.
- Microsoft Outlook required final confirmation, a dialog box displays to make sure you want to delete the selected RSS feed. Click Yes to confirm.
How to Fix Outlook RSS Feed Error?
Outlook RSS feed error encountered due to some technical glitch in between, there must be multiple causes RSS Feeds can become unsynchronized and every issue have the solution.
- RSS feeds just stops updating due to a technical glitch.
- Website URL addresses changes.
- Outlook RSS Feeds reported error 0x80004005, 0x800C0008, 0x8004010F.
- Update Limit feature is turned off.
Change folder RSS feed stored
Microsoft Outlook stores RSS data on your computer as a (.pst) file, you can also change the location manually. Click File Tab >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
Select RSS Feeds tab >> click on Change Folder button from the bottom of the screen, you can change the location very easily.
Turn On Update Time Limit
By default Update Limit feature already turned on, until you have not made any changes while setting up RSS Feed.
To cross check this, open Microsoft Outlook >> File Tab >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
Now switch to RSS Feeds tab and click on the Change button. Make sure that the Update Limit check box is selected.
Update URL Address
In the majority of cases, I personally observe the change in the URL address of the website RSS Feed changes, which results in the technical break, Simply delete the existing RSS Feed and create a new one.
The biggest advantage of RSS feeds in Outlook is you need not subscribe to any website for the regular update, some of the news websites subscriptions unnecessarily send you Spam email or such topic email which you really not required.
- How to send auto-reply in Outlook?
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Edit Signature in Microsoft outlook?
- Open Outlook in Safe Mode!
- We couldn’t create the Outlook data file [How to Fix it! Complete guide]
- How To Insert Table in Outlook? [Create/Edit/Delete]