One wonderful thing about Outlook is that it offers a variety of tools for organizing your tasks.
You can even create projects to group multiple email threads, and you can save items as templates so you can reuse them in the future. But did you know that Outlook has a quick parts feature?
What are Quick Parts?
Quick parts in outlook are the bunch of content that is reusable in other mail, you can access and reuse the building blocks at any time, and they are saved in the form of a template in your gallery.
The quick part is an analogous way to save time like the signature, auto-reply (out of office), and template (creating stationary) parts of Microsoft Outlook.
Quick Parts integrate the whole message, you can store or reuse boilerplate text you want to use on an ongoing basis.
In this article, you will look at all about the quick parts outlook.
Where are Quick Parts in Outlook?
Many of the users facing difficulties finding outlook quick parts locations. The quick part appears in the new mail window page insert tab refer to snapshot for outlook quick parts location.
How to Create Quick Parts in Outlook?
Creating quick parts usually for the new mail, reply to an existing message containing the text you want to respond to.
Working in corporate and handling tons of emails required some fast-track platform, you can simulate content-filled templates using Quick Parts.
To begin with, you must create your content along with graphics, pictures, and maps in the content, format it creates stationery in outlook and your template is ready.
How to Add Quick Parts in Outlook?
Here is the step-by-step process of How to add quick parts in outlook ~
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click to new message >> Create your content
- Step 2 – First Highlight the text section you want to save as a Quick Part or [click Ctrl + A]. All of the images, formatting, content, and links will be stored as part of the Quick Part.
- Step 3 – Click Insert tab >> Find Text group >> Click Quick Parts [Click Alt + F3]
- Choose the option ‘save this selection to the quick parts gallery’ to create the quick part. Create a new building block dialog box that pops up.
- Give a name to the new building block, and keep other options default, no need to change. >> Click OK
- Your outlook auto-text quick parts are saved in your system. You can reuse the shortcut in future activities.
How to use quick parts in Outlook?
In the above tutorial, you have learned “how to create a quick parts email in outlook”, now it’s time to implement it in your email.
There are 3 (three) ways to execute a quick part in outlook. Let’s commence with the easiest manner to go through.
- Open a new mail window
- The next step is to type the quick part name where you want to content to appear on your message board.
- Make sure the name must be the same and then click [F3]. The name of the quick part immediately replaces it with the complete content you save which includes a map, image, drawing, etc.
Outlook Quick Parts Auto text
Auto text in the quick part allows the outlook 2019 user to hit enter while typing the initial of the quick part name.
For instance – [type only Test, rest of the quick part name appears by default all I have to hit enter, and my quick part appears in the required place in the content].
You can also use quick parts to insert a publish date.
- From here, you’ll see a list of any existing Quick Parts you may have. To create the Quick Part, choose the option to Save this selection to the Quick Parts Gallery.
Quick Parts Gallery Outlook
If you have multiple quick parts blocks, it is difficult to remember the name of the particular content saved in the gallery that you want to use.
It is better to trust this process to find it in the Quick Parts Gallery.
Here is the step-by-step process.
- Open the New Message window in Outlook
- Select the location where you want to insert the quick part and keep your cursor in that location.
- Go to Insert Tab >> Text Group >> Quick Part >> Auto text
- The auto text shows you the list of quick parts, selects, and simply click on it, quick part is inserted into your content of the mail.
- Or you all have the option to click the right button of the mouse to select the related options according to your requirement.
- Insert at current document location
- Insert at the beginning of the Document
- Insert at End of Document
How To Edit Quick Parts In Outlook?
You can use quick parts in your Outlook messages to insert commonly used or personalized content. When you open a message, you can add content or edit existing content in the message by using quick parts.
If you want to edit/modify your quick parts entries, the edit properties option is available in the above snapshot, you must follow the instruction for the quick parts gallery, and click edit properties.
Modify Building Block dialog box shows up, and you can easily edit the inputs after all your satisfaction clicks OK.
How to Organize & Delete Quick Parts in Outlook?
Organize and select options also allow the user to edit the quick parts gallery in outlook, in case you like to delete the quick part, select the entry you wish to remove and click the Delete button.
Outlook asks you for final confirmation to delete the selected building block, click Yes.
What is the difference between AutoText and quick parts?
The only difference is that they are different galleries. Both Quick Parts and AutoText are Building Blocks (you can see the different kinds of “galleries” if you look in the Create New Building Block dialog box).
Creating canned responses in Microsoft Outlook by using Quick Parts made you lazy, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without them! you can add multiple Quick parts which include images, text, graphics, maps, etc that make your work extremely easy and keep all of you away from mistakes.
It’s a flexible option in Outlook Quick Parts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
In outlook, the quick parts feature can be used to do what?
The quick parts feature was created to allow you to extract phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and other data from emails that you might want to reuse.
Can you add attachments to Outlook Quick Parts?
Outlook does not allow you to add attachments to Quick Parts. You can automatically add attachments in Outlook using other options:
- You can create an Outlook template with attachments.
- Use Shared Email Templates to automatically attach files to new messages, replies, and forwards.