What are Quick Parts?
Quick parts in outlook are the bunch of content that is reusable in other mail, You can access and reuse the building blocks at any time, They are saved in the form of a template in your gallery.
Quick Parts integrate the whole message, you can store or reuse boilerplate text you want to use on an ongoing basis.
In this article, you will look all about the quick parts outlook.
Where is quick parts in Outlook?
Many of the users facing difficulties to find outlook quick parts location. The quick part appears in the new mail window page insert tab refer snapshot for outlook quick parts location.
How to create quick parts in Outlook?
Creating quick parts usually for the new mail, reply to an existing message containing the text you want to reuse. Working in corporate and handling tons of emails required some fast track platform, you can simulate content-filled templates using Quick Parts.
To begin with, you have to create your content along with graphics, pictures, map in the content, format it creates stationery in outlook and your template is ready.
Here is the step by step process How to add quick parts in outlook ~
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click to new message >> Create your content
- Step 2 – Highlight the text you want to save as a Quick Part or [click Ctrl + A]. All of the formatting, images, links, and content will be stored as part of the Quick Part.
- Step 3 – Click Insert tab >> Find Text group >> Click Quick Parts [Click Alt + F3]
- Choose the option to save this selection to the quick parts gallery to create the quick part. Create a new building block dialog box that pops up.
- Give a name to the new building block, and keep other options default, no need to change. >> Click OK
- Your outlook autotext quick parts saved in your system. you can reuse the shortcut in future activity.
How to use quick parts in Outlook?
In the above tutorial, you have learned “how to create a quick parts email in outlook”, now it’s time to implement in your email.
There are 3 (three) ways to execute a quick part in outlook. Let’s commence with the easiest manner to go through.
- Open new mail window
- The next step is to type the quick part name where you want to content to appear on your message board.
- Make sure the name must be exactly the same and then click [F3]. The name of the quick part immediately replaces it with the complete content you save which includes a map, image, drawing, etc.
Outlook Quick Parts Autotext
Auto text in the quick part allows the outlook 2019 user to hit enter while typing the initial of the quick part name.
For instance – [I type only Test, rest of the quick part name appears by default all I have to hit enter, my quick part appears on the required place in the content].
You can also use quick parts to insert a publish date.
- From here, you’ll see a list of any existing Quick Parts you may have. To create the Quick Part, choose the option to Save this selection to the Quick Parts Gallery.
Quick parts Gallery Outlook
If you have multiple quick parts blocks, it is difficult to remember the name of the particular content saved in the gallery that you want to use.
It is better to trust this process to find it in the Quick Parts Gallery.
Here is the step-by-step process.
- Open New message window in Outlook
- Select the location where you want to insert the quick part, keep your cursor in that location.
- Go to Insert Tab >> Text Group >> Quick Part >> Autotext
- The auto text shows you the list of quick parts, selects, and simply clicks on it, quick part inserted into your content of the mail.
- Or you all have the option to click the right button of the mouse to select the related options according to your requirement.
- Insert at current document location
- Insert at the beginning of Document
- Insert at End of Document
How to edit quick parts in Outlook?
If you want to edit/modify your quick parts entries, the edit properties option is available in the above snapshot, you have to follow the instruction for the quick parts gallery, click edit properties.
Modify Building Block dialog box shows up, you can easily edit the inputs after all your satisfaction click OK.
How to Organize & Delete Quick Part in Outlook?
Organize and select options also allow the user to edit quick parts gallery in outlook, in case you like to delete the quick part, select the entry you wish to remove and click the Delete button.
Outlook asks you for final confirmation to delete the selected building block, click Yes.
What is the difference between AutoText and quick parts?
The only difference is that they are different “galleries.”Both Quick Parts and AutoText are Building Blocks (you can see the different kinds of “galleries” if you look in the Create New Building Block dialog box).
Working with Quick Parts made you lazy, you’ll probably wonder how you ever managed without them! you can add multiple Quick parts witch include images, text, graphics, maps, etc that make your work very easy and keep all you away from mistakes.
It’s a flexible option in Outlook Quick Parts.
- How To Find Unread Mail In Outlook?
- Share Outlook Calendar Outside Organization
- How to Send Multiple Emails in Outlook Without Recipients Showing?
- How To Keep Microsoft Outlook Running in the Background?
- Outlook Address Autofill Not Working – (Find out Why?)
- How to Schedule Meeting in Outlook? + [How to Cancel Meeting Email?]
- How to Combine Outlook Calendars?