Last Updated on December 31, 2023 by Amit Bansal
Generally, an out-of-office message is set up to inform senders that you are not at your workstation. In your absence, senders receive a specific email containing the information you wish to share.
Typically, out-of-office messages are set up from your desktop or laptop before leaving for a holiday.
However, if you forget to activate it from your system, you can also do it from your mobile phone.
This article will guide you through the steps to set up an out-of-office message from your mobile app.
Set Out Of Office In Outlook Mobile?
Setting up an out-of-office message from a mobile application differs from the Outlook desktop application or web version, but it’s quite straightforward.
Let’s dive into the step-by-step process.
- Open the Outlook app on your mobile device.
- Tap the home icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Settings option available on the bottom left corner of your mobile screen.
- In the Settings options, locate and click on your email account. If you have multiple accounts, like I do, select the one for which you need to activate the Out of Office message.
- Click on the Automatic Replies option.
- Toggle the switch to On.
- Add your Out of Office message.
- Click Done from the right corner of your screen.
This method allows you to easily enable the Out of Office feature from your mobile phone.
Setting up an out-of-office message in the Outlook mobile app is a convenient and straightforward process.
By accessing the Settings in the app, selecting your email account, and choosing the Out of Office option, you can quickly compose and activate your automated response.