Configure Outlook email notifications, appear on your screen whenever a new email arrives on your Outlook inbox, computer/laptop in the form of outlook popup notification.
Outlook Taskbar reminds you of a new email message received on your specific email account.
How to set repeat alert for Outlook new email?
Here is the guideline to enable popup notification of new mail:
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click File >> Options
- Step 2 – Click Options for outlook desktop alert settings >> Click Mail on the left-hand side of the dialogue box.
- Check-Box on Play a sound & display a desktop alert.
- Step 4 – Finally Click OK.
By default you will get an email message notification alert outlook bottom right corner, Microsoft outlook email desktop alert settings allow you to move desktop alert locations.
How to turn off email notifications in Outlook?
Just a two-step process, you have learned above to turn on email notifications in Outlook, you have to reverse the process and uncheck the “display a desktop alert”.
This way email notification stops until you reconfigure the
Outlook notifications windows 10
- Click the Start button all the way down the left side window logo.
- Click Setting >> Select System [refer : snapshot]
- Now select “Notification and action” >> Scroll down to outlook >> Turn on the Outlook Notifications toggle if found off.
- Notification is completed from Windows 10 side also.
How can I configure desktop notification display time?
Most of the alert notification is frequent (due to incoming email messages) and stay on your desktop screen for a specific time, every advantage brings some disadvantage at some stage. The timing of banner visibility brings disturbance to your work.
Here is the method to change or fix Windows taskbar timing according to your choice:
- Click the Start button all the way down the left side window logo >> Click Setting
- Find “Ease of Access” category and click.
- Scroll down to the Simplify and personalize Windows section, show notification for:
- You can select your required time to adjust Show notifications timing.
- Close the window and all set.
Get Outlook Notifications for Specific Emails [Rule function]
Some users ignore the notification banner, still, they want to grab an important email message, and the best way is a notification alert.
You can turn off the notifications completely, or you can set up the Outlook rule function for an important specific email to pass through and get the notification banner, even if the alert is disabled.
How to create outlook email notification rules?
Under this scenario, the message rule function allows notifying specific emails received from certain people, such as clients, your boss, or your family members. Here’s the step-by-step process on how to set up a rule that only shows email notifications from a certain sender.
Open up your email inbox, search out the last email received from your specific person/email address, click the right mouse button, and hit rules >> create rules.
Create Rule dialogue box appears, select your specific condition of email notification when you received an email from that email address. I want to get immediate notifications about emails I receive from client ” Pankaj”, so I select the first checkbox.
You can also subject checkbox, in case you required a notification alert from your email address but only for that specific subject line.
Select your name from the ‘sent to’ drop-down list option, if you want the notification even if your name consists in “CC” or ” Bcc”, if you want a message directly addressed to you, you have to select the “me only” option. for notification.
Finally, Click OK. a success dialogue box appears, select the checkbox “Run this rule now on messages already in the current folder”. Hit Ok
A new mail alert dialogue box appears which consists of a list of all the emails received from your specific email address, you can select and open the item.
Create Outlook Email Notification Rules [Advanced Option]
Advanced options consist of additional filters and work as professionals, To do so, open the “Create Rule” dialog box, as described earlier in this article. Then click “Advanced Options”.
The advanced option consists of few step process: Let’s begin with:
- Which condition do you want, (refer to snapshot) there are multiple options available, select the checkbox of the desired option to proceed.
- I want to receive notifications when I receive emails from Pankaj, sent to me in any form (like – send to me, where my name is in the To box, where my name is in the Cc box, where my name is in the To or Cc box), so can select any of the options or all of them. I select, where my name is in the To box. Hit Next.
- The next selection required “what should be done with a message you receive”, there are multiple options, like “move the message to a specific folder”, “forward it to one or more people”, “reply using a template”, “mark it as read” and many more.
- The current scenario required Desktop Alert when I received a message from Pankaj, so I select the last option on the list, “display a Desktop Alert”.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to be done with the message, click “Next”.
- The next option is the exemption section, after considering both the steps, if you required some exemption to pass on, select from the list. and click “Next”. I don’t want any exceptions, so I just click “Next” to skip this screen.
- The last step required the name of your rule, and set up some rule options, If you want to run all the message already lying in your inbox, click on the first checkbox, Next checkbox “Turn on this rule”.
- Take a look at Review the rule description under “Step 3” and click “Finish” to complete.
The Rules feature in Outlook manages tons of combinations of options for automatically handling your email messages.
- How to export contacts from iPhone to Outlook?
- What is error custom UI XML Outlook+ [How to get rid of it]?
- How to use Outlook delay delivery?
- How to automatically filter Emails using [Outlook rules] to the Specific Folder?
- Why am I getting so much Junk mail in outlook?
- How to Export Email addresses from Outlook? – (with pictures)
- How to Import contacts to Outlook from Excel?