If your Microsoft outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct, it’s (irritating), what would be the best option?
Sometimes Windows update, which is necessary to make all your desktop functions smooth, brings some kind of bugs and technical issues like some unavoidable popup, you can put an end by offering a number of resolutions to stop ‘Outlook keeps asking for your password‘ problem.
The main cause of such an issue is due to two reasons:
- Outlook settings.
- Windows upgraded.
There are a few steps you will get in this article to get rid of the problem permanently:
Steps if Outlook not remembering password
Reboot/Restart your System
Restarting your system not only resets all the issues of outlook but is also able to resolve the majority of problems of your desktop or laptop computers.
It is the easiest and non-technical method for all users. However, this solution works and resolves this problem easily without spending too much time or effort.
Earlier nagging for a password, and before familiar with all the other options available, I personally opt for this option.
If it doesn’t work there are many other options here it is ~
Check whether the password is enabled or not?
This is one of the silliest options the majority of Microsoft outlook users forget – Selecting to save your password, it is not risky at any point in time if you are using outlook you are working on your personal workstation.
To check/verify follow these steps:
- Step1 – Click on to File Tab
- Step2 – Click Account Setting – A separate outlook [account setting] popup appears
- Step3 – Double click on the related email ID (in case you are getting that problem with a specific email ID). – Again, you will get [change account] popup.
- The final step is to check the [Remember password] option.
Check the Latest update of Microsoft outlook
Keeping all your electronic gadgets software up to date is mandatory for smooth running and 100% efficient results to the user, Outlook updates also need the same update from time to time.
You can also enable the auto-update feature for your outlook and make sure it will function/update & automatically be downloaded and applied.
That is a great feature to get rid of even if Outlook asking for passwords repeatedly even though it is correct.
Step by Step guide for you
- Open Microsoft Outlook and Click to File Tab.
- Step 1 – Click the Office Account button on the left-hand side of the window
- Step 2 – Click on Office Updates (A small popup appears).
- Final Step Click to update Now option to update your outlook.
It will take a few minutes and your Microsoft outlook is updated.
Update credential (User name & Password)
Most of the time when you change your password directly from the mail website, i.e. Gmail, it is mandatory to update the same into Microsoft outlook too.
In order to update and check to follow these few fruitful steps:
- Click to File tab from the outlook main page.
- Choose Account Settings in the Account settings section.
- Click to change the option in the box mentioned above.
- Now check your credentials or check according to the information updated directly from webmail.
- Click Next and that will complete/update your credential.
Clear Cached Password from Control Panel
Your computer operating system stores user credentials (like passwords). In some cases, if you change your password from mail exchange and you are getting a popup.
Your cached credential is incorrect, you have to clear your password located in the Control panel.
Here’s how to do it [Step by Step Guide].
- Step 1 – Minimize your outlook or Exit, this step doesn’t require anything with outlook.
- Step 2 – Under this step, you have to reach the Credential Manager Option. There are two options to get there.
# Click on Start button >> Control Panel >> Credential Manager
# Click on Start button >> Control Panel >> User account
- Step 3 – Both the options lead you to the credential manager. If you click credential manager you will get directly to the required information and If you click User account you have to further click ‘Manage your credential’
- Step 4 – Select Windows Credentials & you will encounter with few credentials; you have to select the credential of MS Outlook or something similar.
- Step 5 – Click to expand the set of credentials and you have to remove it from the vault.
- Step 6 – Finally restart your system for the final rest and play process.
Create A New Outlook Profile due to corrupt Profile
Many times again due to some technical issues or a bug, Outlook keeps asking for a password even though it is correct your profile is corrupt/damaged.
In that scenario you must create a new profile, here is the step by step process:
Step 1 – Open your system control panel click on the mail icon available.
Step 2 – Click to Show Profiles option available in a popup box.
Step 3 – New Popup appears which allow you to create a new profile, you just have to name your New Profile, Use from the First name
Step 4 – Click Ok, another separate popup asks you to fill up your credential like (email id, password, name, etc.), click Next, and then Finish button.
Loss network connection
Another reason behind the issue of password prompt with outlook is bad network connection with the server, to solve this issue, you must switching to better connectivity and see if it solves your problem or not.
Start Outlook in Safe Mode and disable add-ins
To get rid of the problem you can try to open your Outlook in safe mode and disabling Add-ins.
Final Step – Now, select the new profile, click Always use this profile and select the new profile from the drop-down list. Click Apply and OK.
Here are 8 unbeatable solutions that fix the issue Outlook keeps asking for a password. I hope that these methods help you flip out from the issue of passwords in Microsoft Outlook.
Recently my friend asks me a question ‘why I need to enter a password into Microsoft outlook every 15 minutes now, these outcomes solve his problem. So why are you struggling?
Drop your opinion in the comment box, I also welcome the renovative advice which is very valuable for me.
- Why is Microsoft Outlook infested with Junk Mail?
- Microsoft Outlook unable to search emails! [How to Fix it] + How to search multiple words?
- Why Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails but can send? 
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to make a regular to do list on Microsoft Outlook?