Receiving multiple emails from different sources is common, thinking like a marketing executive every email worth it. Companies keep a deeper record of not only email addresses and clients but also IP addresses.
What is an IP Address? Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network.
Why anybody wants to find the sender source (IP address)
Forging your email address name or any other thing is possible, but (Internet Protocol address (IP address)) is not easily tempered.
Some Outlook users like marketing or security agencies, banks, some financial institutes keep a strict eye on such transactions and communication for security purposes.
In Digital world Internet Protocol address (IP address) is the key.
How To Find IP Address Of Sender Email In Outlook?
Here is the step by step process to find out the IP address of a sender from an incoming email in Outlook.
- Open Outlook
- Reach your email account, Go to the inbox, select the email and Double click to open, that email message opened in a separate window.
- Click message tab >> Go to the tab section >> Click the anchor ()
- That will take you to the properties option which includes few options.
- In the Properties dialog box, go to the Internet headers section, there are few technical coding kind contents.
- Find the X-Remote-IP field: (which holds the IP address of the sender email).
Just a few steps and the result is on your screen. Every email you received is different headers and IP addresses.
How To Trace an Email IP Address in Office 365 Outlook Web Access
Some of the users prefer to use Outlook.com (web-based), following steps to find the email header from Office 365 Outlook when you access the emails from the web browser.
- Select your email double click and the mail opens in a separate window.
- Click to the (…) on the right-hand side of the screen >> Click on View then View message details.
- Message source popup appears, find outlook IP address is quite difficult, Hit Ctrl + F (search bar appears on the top righthand corner) and type IP, the system automatically finds IP, and here is your result [Refer: snapshot].
The result is really clear. Investigating and track the IP address of your sender email address is not quite simple, above methods have some limitations If someone really wants to trick/hack you, they can spoof the email headers and mask the IPs.
Above step really helpful for users to a certain level.
- Why is Outlook Working Offline? [How to Switch Offline to Online?]
- How to change subject line in Outlook? [of received messages]
- How To Create & Share Electronic Business Card (vCard) In Microsoft Outlook?
- How To Find Old Emails in Outlook 365?
- How To Create & Add Unread Email Folder To Favorites In Outlook 365?
- How to backdate an email in Outlook?
- How To Create Unified Inbox View?