Microsoft Outlook recently change ribbon presentation which relatively enhances the space in Outlook. The classic view consists of multiple icons and the simplified ribbon has fewer icons on it.
The classic view consists of entire icons.
The new, simplified ribbon consists of more space for fingers to click the icons, (in case using touchscreen system simplified view earlier to use).
You can switch to simplified ribbon to classic view and vice versa easily, Here are the steps:
Simplified ribbon view is designed streamlined with huge spaces between icons, most of the icons are hidden. Outlook touch mode is also designed for that. It is helpful to work on smaller devices like mobile phones and laptops, instead of the classic view.
I personally prefer the classic view, working on it and all the required icons are on the screen.
Start by clicking on the small down arrow icon found in the far right of the ribbon. A dropdown list appears which consist of:
- Classic Ribbon
- Simplified Ribbon
Selection switch between the simplified and classic ribbons whenever you want. It won’t automatically change the ribbon design across Microsoft apps.
That’s it the process change back to Old Outlook view and you can work as usual.
- How to send auto reply in Outlook?
- How to make a regular to do list on Microsoft Outlook?
- Why Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails but can send? 
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How to mark your email as Normal, Personal, Private, or Confidential in Outlook?
- How To Change Outlook View?