Earlier in this article, you have learned to set up an autoresponder in Microsoft Outlook 365 using the rule function.
In case you are using Exchange Accounts, Microsoft Outlook allows you to set up an out of office auto-reply directly on the server.
In this article, I will walk you through steps to execute Automatic Replies for Microsoft Exchange Accounts. The steps below works for Outlook 2019, 2016, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click on File Tab >> info
- Select Exchange Accounts from the drop-down list in case you have multiple accounts.
- Once you select “exchange account”, you can see options below the page, some of the options including “Automatic Replies” are not available with other email provides like IMAP/SMAP.
- Click on Automatic Replies and the separate dialog box appears.
- Select check box automatic reply.
- In case you need to restrict automatic reply for specific time ranges you can select time range options and set start time and end time.
- Compose your automatic reply message in the text box, you like to send to your sender as soon as you receive the email message.
- Click Ok to complete.
If you work inside a company or organization, you may have additional options for your automatic replies:
- Inside My Organization: This message is sent to messages received from others inside the same company or organization as you.
- Outside My Organization: The message is sent to people outside of your organization. Select the Auto-reply to people outside my organization checkbox.
In case you need to close the auto-reply process, you can select, “Do not send automatic replies” check box.
The above method is similar for Out Of Office Assistant Outlook 2010.