The setting reminder is like an alarm clock, you can set the reminder once or recur depending upon the recurring timmer set by the clockmaker.
Here in Microsoft Outlook reminder could be designed according to the requirement of the user. While setting any event for specific dates in the Outlook calendar, you can set the reminder which alerts you on your computer/Laptop screen of it.
The majority of users inject inputs like (birthday, meeting, payments, etc) dates in Outlook calendar or import or sync calendar from outsourcing.
Now, here in this article, you will learn, How to set a recurring reminder in outlook?
Starting with my own personal case study:
My House rent payment is recurring one, and never use to forget my payment. I used my Microsoft Outlook calendar to reminder exactly on the same day
Not only Rent payment there are tons of events or appointments or to-do tasks, which nobody wants to miss.
How to set an Outlook Calendar reminder
Setting up task reminders in Outlook, required an upcoming event, whether its meeting or task. Here is the step by step tutorial:
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click to calendar from the navigation pane from the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 2 – Click New Appointment from the new tab from the above-left corner (Shortcut key – Alt + HN).
- Step 3 – Outlook walk you through the appointment creation page.
- Step 4 – This step consist of few substeps (refer snapshot)
- Enter your Title name (The name of your task for instance:- Rent Payment).
- Fix Start Date & Time – You can set up the date and time Outlook rings the bell for you.
- Fix End Date & Time – The deadline for your reminder must be fixed in this section.
- Make Recurring – This part is really interesting, you can adjust recurring patterns according to your demand (like- I have to pay rent every month on 8th, I adjust the pattern of every month).
# Step 1 – Required commencement time up to duration (depending upon your requirement).
# Step 2&3 – Recurring pattern (Daily, monthly, Weekly, Yearly), every selection required additional information, in case of monthly, I have to enter the specific date, Outlook reminds me on that date only every month.
# Step 4 – This step is your date you like to begin the sequence.
# Step 5 – Is the date of completion of your pattern, you can enter a specific date, N numbers of times, and finally No end date/Infinity).
# Step 6 – Click OK
- Finally, Save and Close your appointment.
- If you have designed your alert recurring, you can check the reminder every month on that specific date you mentioned.
Outlook Calendar Reminder Notification
The stage is all set, now the question is “How outlook 365 calendar reminder email notification works”.
Basically it’s a backstage scenario, once you set up all your requirement, you will get the alert message from Outlook (Refer – Image):
Delete an existing recurring reminder
Once you setup the sequence, it will execute according to inputs, you can delete the reminder alert very easily in a single click.
- Open your Outlook Calendar
- Go to that sequence of any month (in case of recurring)
- Right-click from your mouse >> Go to Delete
- Select Delete occurrence or Delete series
- Delete occurrence designed to delete only for that specific month, the rest of the reminder is intact.
- Delete series is completely wiped out of recurring alerts.
How To Set Reminder in Outlook Office 365 (.com)
Microsoft Outlook.com is the web-based exchange platform, It offers a feature that can send email reminders for calendar events to you. You might miss other options of notification that’s why you will receive notification through email.
You can include a custom message with the emailed reminder.
Learn step by step process:
- Open Outlook.com calendar
Select a specific date, you will create an event, click to the date.
- There are multiple options (First Add a Title, Select your date and time, Enter the location).
- Click repeat if something needs recurring, (for instance – rent payment).
- Click Save.
For getting a reminder through email, click more options (this feature is really helpful, Outlook.com never online whole time, normally we use to close the tab, Outlook app is slightly different, you can run outlook background).
For activating email reminder, follow the steps:
- Click More options.
- Select Remind me dropdown, Select time you like to get a reminder before the deadline, and select Add email reminder.
- Add a specific email reminder message to get on top of the email.
- Hit Save
The stage is all set, Now you will get the reminder email notification just before (customized) the deadline.
You can check your recurring event every month by moving the month forward.
How To Edit/Delete Reminder in Outlook Office 365 (.com)
You can easily edit or delete the setup (reminder time), Move your mouse cursor over the event entered in the calendar. Click the right button.
Event notice board appears with complete details:
- Edit options re-customize your event, there are three options (This event, This and all following event, All events in the series), Select according to your choice.
- Deleting the event is similar to the above edit option. Click Delete and again all three options are available (This event, This and all following event, All events in the series), Select according to your choice.
- How To Use Outlook Quick Steps? [Create, Edit & Delete]
- Quick Outlook Tips and Tricks for Beginners 
- How to Create a Contact Group in Outlook?
- How To Set up a Group Calendar in Outlook?
- Why Is My Outlook Not Showing Attachments?
- How To Insert Emoji in Outlook Mail?
- How To Send Large Files Through Outlook?