The whole world’s current scenario is turning into electronic media, Electronic mail is one of them, the majority of the user in corporates, or individual using Gmail or their specific corporate server mails.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the great email platforms mostly very popular in corporate and multinational companies on the other hand Outlook is not rocket science an individual can easily operate it.
In this article, you will understand Step by Step Guide How to Use Gmail With Microsoft Outlook?
You have to set up a few settings manually from [Gmail setting] and then connect to your Gmail account in Outlook.
How to add a Gmail account to Outlook?
Here we are talking about your existing Gmail account or you must create a new one, few steps you connect your Gmail account to Outlook required some modification in account setting for granting clearance to outlook server to connect.
- Step 1 – Login to the Gmail account click setting button on the right-hand top corner.
- Step 2 – Click Setting
- Step 3 – There are multiple options available in the setting page of Gmail to modify according to your requirements. Here we are talking about connect Gmail to Outlook, check enable IMAP Gmail, this option is already active by default, even though (it is recommended to check before configure Gmail in Outlook).
- Step 4 – Click Forward and POP/IMAP option
- Step 5 – IMAP is enabled, if not Enable IMAP.
- Step 6 – Save Changes.
That’s all you have to do with the Gmail IMAP settings, now its time to configure Gmail in Outlook.
Step to configure Gmail account to Outlook
After the above adjustment, now its time to open your Microsoft account page and add your existing Gmail account.
- Step 1 – Click File >> info >> Add Account
- Step 2 – Microsoft Outlook ask you to add your email Id, Enter your Gmail ID >> Click Connect
- Step 3 – A separate dialog box appears and asks to enter your email account password, Enter the password to add Gmail account to outlook and click Sign in.
- Step 4 – Click allow for the next step, this step connects outlook to IMAP server of Gmail.
- Finally, you get the confirmation message on your screen from outlook reveling that your account is successfully added.
Its time for celebration, you can see your account is added and all your email of your account automatically fetch into your Outlook, and you can easily open your account even if you are not connected to your server or internet.
Whatever work you have done in your Outlook account offline will be executed as soon as you connect to the internet.
After all, Outlook sends you a confirmation email and you can see your account added into the Outlook home page.
In the Previous outlook 2013, 2015 connection your Gmail account to outlook is quite difficult, that version required a lot of setting like outlook SMTP settings, Gmail pop settings etc. Outlook 2019 is very easy to connect and the user easily enjoys all the benefits of outlook.
These steps above set up multiple Gmail accounts in Outlook, not only Gmail account, but if you are having an email account with different servers like rediffmail, Hotmail, yahoo or any other, all of it would be control in Microsoft Outlook.
- Why is Microsoft Outlook infested with Junk Mail?
- How to Search an email by Date in Outlook?
- Microsoft Outlook unable to search emails! [How to Fix it] + How to search multiple words?
- Why Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails but can send? 
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to make a regular to do list on Microsoft Outlook?