Recently, I involved in preparing the tender for my organization during the lockdown period, I invested nine days of hard work, after finalization, all the files must be uploaded in the tender portal, which is not my scope, I have to mail all the preparing to my colleague.
The title of this article comes in my way, How To Send Large Files Through Outlook? & How to Increase Attachment Size in Outlook?
What happens next is a long story we will discuss it later.
What is the attachment size limit for outlook?
Outlook’s email client sets a maximum limit of 20 MBs for every email attachment including email content. If you try to attach beyond the limit, outlook through you out and flashes the message “The file you’re attaching is bigger than the server allows. Try putting the file in a shared location and sending a link instead“.
How to send large files through Outlook?
There are several email service provider in the globe, with their maximum limit of 20 MBs to 25MBs per message, Microsoft outlook freezes the limit of 20 MBs for the user, in that scenario, it is very transparent when your mail server allows messages up to 25 MB and your attachment is slightly over the default 20 MB limit, you have the room to adjust Outlook max attachment size up to 25 MB.
How to Increase Attachment Size Limit?
- Press Window+R
- Type “regedit” in Run dialog box >> Hit Ok
- Technically you entered the nerve of your system and you are about to hack some minor settings.
- Copy and Paste – [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences] in the address bar of the registry editor.
I am using Outlook 2019
- Find MaximumAttachmentSize value File >> double click it.
Sometimes MaximumAttachmentSize is not present in the folder Follow these steps and add the folder:
- Go to Edit of the registry editor.
- Click New >> DWORD Value >> File added [name the file MaximumAttachmentSize], and Hit Enter.
- Double click MaximumAttachmentSize value File.
The Value data allow you to attach the file size, if you leave it blank or zero you effectively disable the email attachment limit in your Outlook.
The default size of Microsoft outlook in the absence of MaximumAttachmentSize is 20 MB or 20480 KB.
After MaximumAttachmentSize you have to enter your desired attachment size limit in KB.
For instance: If you like to set the size limit to 25 MB, you have to enter the value 25600 and select the decimal in the dialog box.
Finally Hit OK and Close Registry Editor.
Technically you have revised the attachment limit with 5 MB more, no you can attach the file size by 25 MB.
- What is the maximum size of an email attachment in Hotmail – 10MB
- What is the maximum size of an email attachment in Gmail – 25 MB
- What is the maximum size of an email attachment in mail.com – 50 MB
- What is the maximum size of an email attachment in yahoo – 25 MB
Some of the email service providers bring cloud service to their users which allows you to attach file size more than their limit and automatically upload your file in the cloud.
If you are using Outlook.com – It allows you to easily upload the files to the cloud and send the link to the file through email, that’s the beauty of Outlook.
If your recipient or your mail server doesn’t support the size of the email you are trying to send, your email won’t be sent.
Hacking regedit does not increase the limit set by your service provider, In case of service provider set the attachment size of 10MB and you tried to send the mail which is beyond the size, you’ll still get sending errors about the message being too big.
- How to send auto reply in Outlook?
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Edit Signature in Microsoft outlook?
- Why Is My Outlook Not Showing Attachments?
- How To Insert Emoji in Outlook Mail?