Earlier you have learned to import and export the distribution list in Outlook, in most cases group email lists received through email messages. For saving the received distribution list into your Outlook contacts folder, there are few methods.
Switching to a new computer or a different email client transferring all your contacts using CSV file, importing CSV file using import/export feature is quite smooth. In this article, you will learn “How to save distribution list received by email message” & “How to save email group into your contact“.
How to save a distribution list in Outlook?
Considering this topic, there are a couple of scenarios covered, in simple words:
- Received an email having an attachment of (.csv) file [list of multiple contacts], how to add all in your contact list.
- In case you received an email being a (copy to member) and you want to save all the email addresses of all the other (copyto, Blind copy to, and To), member, How to get it done?
Outlook Save Contact Group.
Why anybody wants to save all other member’s email address (contact group) in their contact list, earlier days I personally joined a multinational company and they provided me an email address, I received an email from the HR department and the same email send to all multiple employees of the company, its a circular.
I like to save all the email addresses of other members to the contact list (contact group) for the purpose of future correspondence.
- Open Outlook >> Double click the email having multiple email addresses of other people.
- Click on any email address >> Click Ctrl + A to select all the addresses.
- Now copy all the email addresses using Ctrl + C.
- Open the Contact page from the navigation section >> Select New Contact Group.
- Name the group >> Click Add members >> From Outlook contacts
- In the Members box, paste the copied contact by clicking the right mouse button and click Paste, or use the shortcut keyword Ctrl+V.
- Click OK to close, your complete copied contact visible in the list >> Click Save and CLose to complete the process.
The process is quite simple to Save Distribution list in Outlook.