You may have learned how to send an email in Outlook, but how do you pop it out? You may know you can double-click an email and drag it away to delete it, but how do you pop it out?
In this article, you will learn How to set up Outlook to Open Replies and Forwards in a Pop-Out Window instead of a Reading Pane.
What is Popping out an Email in Outlook?
The Outlook Pop-Out feature lets you instantly send a message to a recipient without having to open a new email window first.
In case you noticed that when you click an email from your inbox list, to reply or forward, the email expands on the right section of the screen [Refer image: section number 3].
Although double click opens the email in a separate window, now you can simply reply to or forward the email.
How do Pop-Out Email Replies and Forwards in Microsoft Outlook?
There are two methods, all of which are really getting at the same change:
Method 1: From the Outlook Application
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Step 2: Click on the File tab.
- Step 3: Click on Options.
- Step 4: Select Mail in the menu on the left.
- Step 5: Scroll down to the Replies and forward section.
- Step 6: Click on the check box Open replies and forwards in a new window.
- Step 7: Click OK
From now onwards every time you click on reply or forward the email, that email message pops out and opened in a separate window.
Method 2: From the Outlook Application (Manual)
The above method pops out entire email replies and forwards. Under this method, you can manually pop out the email message individually for better visible outcomes.
- Step 1: Select the message from your Inbox.
- Step 2: Click on the message, which will open in the right section panel.
- Step 3: Click Reply or forward.
- Step 4: That will open to reply and forward mode, you can enter the email address of the recipient, Edit the subject and type from matter, and then send the message.
- Step 5: If you observe on the top right corner of the screen, there is an icon “Pop Out“, which will automatically open the message into a different window.
In conclusion, the “pop-out” feature allows you to take an email out of your mailbox so that you can send it later. To pop out an email, click on the “pop-out” button, select where you want to send it, and click “send”.
The pop-out tool lets you view a collection of emails in a window separate from Outlook. You can move between several emails and navigate back to the inbox at any time.