Pinning an important task, you always want on the top of your priority list, In Microsoft Outlook, you can pin the important incoming emails always at the top of a folder for quickly finding and viewing them.
How do you keep an email at the top of the list in Outlook?
Office 365 Outlook web user, get the built-in Pin feature, which allows that specific email message also on the top of the folder screen.
Click on the pin on the right-hand side of the email. You will get the message “keep this message at the top of your folder” on hover your mouse on top of the pin sign.
After clicking, your mail shift on the top automatically until unpinned, the act of unpinning that email message brings back the mail to their previous position.
Pin an email in Outlook [drag and drop] method in Taskbar?
The above method is only available in Outlook web, most of the users wondering and searching for “where is the push pin icon in outlook“, Outlook application doesn’t include this feature till now:
But Still, there is a method you can pin your desired email message using the drag and drop method.
Dragging a specific email message out of the outlook platform to the desktop is familiar to almost everybody, you can attach that email as an attachment and send it easily, If you double click on the saved attachment that email open with the separate window of Outlook.
Here are the steps to Pin an email in Outlook App:
- Open Outlook Application >> Select the email you like to pin.
- Apply drag and drop process >> Drag the mail to desktop >> release mouse button.
- Email message saved on the desktop
- Pining that email message again required a drag and drop process.
- Drag that email message using your mouse and drop it to the Outlook icon in the taskbar [refer: image]
- The email is added in the Outlook pin, click the right mouse button and the list of the pinned email appears, you can add a maximum of up to six emails in the Pin.
- Once you click on that email, a separate window opens that email message.
Click on unpin icon on the rightmost corner of that email message, and the email remove from the pin list.
How To Pin Emails in Outlook App [2019, 365]
The majority of user’s preference is Outlook web, there are no such specific functions to pin emails message and fix it on the top of a folder in the mailing list. You can trick outlook to keep a specific email message on the top. This method is also preferred in case you have multiple email messages to Pin.
How does it work? Here is the step by step tutorial:
- Open Outlook and your Inbox folder.
- Select your specific Email, click the right mouse button
- Click Follow-up in the context menu.
- Select No Date in case of (IMAP-based emails) and flag message in case of (POP-based emails). That message added to the task to-do list.
- You can check those mail to the top of the Tasks pane. Click to view >> To-do bar >> Task
- Now, you can check up the task on the right-hand side column that appeared in the outlook window.
How to remove and clear flag from the list
Removing and clearing pin email from the list is very simple, all you have to click the right mouse button. Click remove from the list available all the way down of the list to remove and click follow up >> Clear flag to clear the pin.
(refer : Snapshot)
There are few more options like categorize your email message with color, and named it pinned which in the future easily separated from others and you can follow up those emails.
This process is not exactly pinned outlook email to the top. Users of Outlook 365 web easily pins or stick important emails at the top of their Inbox.