Microsoft Outlook consists of grate feature of adding your all contacts which include contact name, address, email id, mobile number, name of the company, your job title and many more.
Creating contact is important for future needs like group mail, bulk mail, etc.
How to create a new email contact in outlook?
Creating contact fields is like filling your nomination form which includes all your details.
Step by Step Guide
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click New items (shortcut key Alt + H I C) >> Contacts.
- Step 2 – Contact Form appears, now its time to fill the details and finally Click Save and Close.
Your contact is saved in outlook, the only problem is you have to fill the details for individual contact separately, that way import contacts in outlook comes into play.
How your Excel spreadsheet of contacts can be added in a few steps?
Import contacts from Microsoft excel to outlook required contact details in excel which was further import into your outlook database and you can easily work smoothly.
Here are a few simple steps to import contacts to outlook from excel.
- Step 1 – Create an Excel-based spreadsheet (contact list, Phone number, contact names, email list), no matter whatever details you have, refer to a sample excel spreadsheet below.
- Step 2 – Save your excel sheet into CSV (comma-separated values) file, In the Save as type box, choose CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv), and click Save.
How to import csv into outlook?
Now you have your (.csv) file ready to import. [why save excel in csv for import contact – The reason is Microsoft Outlook allows the user to import the database in Comma Separated Values only.]
- Step 3 – Click File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Step 4 – Import and Export Wizard dialog box appears, select Import from another program or file to import csv to outlook, then select Next.
- Step 5 – Select Comma Separated Values and click next, (you already have saved .csv file in the preferred location of your computer).
- Step 6 – Now import your file clicking on the browse button, and select your file.
There are three options you have to choose one Click Next.
~ Replace duplicate contacts with items imported.
~ Allow duplicates to be created.
~ Do not import duplicate items.
- Step 7 – Another dialog box required now you must select your specific email id contacts, where you want to import your (.csv) file and click Next.
- Step 8 – Next Step is very interesting and the real gamechanger, the key answer of ‘How to import contacts in Outlook from Excel’, Map custom field. Basically this step fetch your data into Outlook contact format.
- Step 9 – Click to the attachment above and Click Map custom field.
- Step 10 – Map Custom Fields dialog box appears, follow the below steps:
Look at Comma Separated Values-It consist of data of your (.csv) file, you can check from the image below to the image of excel sheet above in the article.
Another Field is To – Microsoft Office Outlook Contacts (This computer only) – That will show you multiple options required to fetch from your data.
How to fetch data in Map custom field?
Basically, you have to drag your (.csv) data with your mouse (for example click on name from comma-separated Value, hold the left mouse button, drag to the exact match to the right hand-filed options and leave your mouse button). That way you fetch all your data to the Microsoft Outlook database.
If you by mistaken fetch wrong data with the wrong field, not to worry you can easily correct by again dragging (manual mapping) the same data to the correct field, that way your previous drag is detected by itself.
If you feel there are really major changes required you can easily click Clear Map and reset your setting.
- Step 10 – Finally Click Finish
- Step 11 – System begin importing contacts data into Outlook.
How to check import contacts in Outlook?
After you have completed the above process, you can easily check whether your contact properly merges in your outlook account.
- Open Outlook and reach a left-hand bottom corner of the screen >> Click People
- Outlook shift to the Contact screen >> Click Home >> Move to the current view portion, you can check your uploaded contacts easily over there.
- Bussines Card
All these options allow the user to analyze the contact in different views.
Import email addresses into outlook always work for you in a professional way. It will help you in several ways for future actions of work.
- How to attach an email in Outlook?
- How to Export Email addresses from Outlook?
- How to make a regular to-do list on Microsoft Outlook?
- How to set up multiple Gmail accounts in Outlook?
- How to create a watermark in Microsoft outlook?
- Why does my Microsoft Outlook not find spelling errors?
- How to do a Mail Merge in Outlook? [with attachment]