Microsoft Outlook consists of a great feature of adding your all contacts which include a contact name, address, email id, mobile number, name of the company, your job title, and many more.
Creating contact is important for future needs like group mail, bulk mail, etc.
How to create a new email contact in outlook?
Creating contact fields is like filling your nomination form which includes all your details.
Step by Step Guide
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click New items (shortcut key Alt + H I C) >> Contacts.
- Step 2 – Contact Form appears, now it’s time to fill in the details and finally Click Save and Close.
Your contact is saved in outlook, the only problem is you have to fill in the details for individual contact separately, that way import contacts in outlook comes into play.
How your Excel spreadsheet of contacts can be added in a few steps?
Import contacts from Microsoft excel to outlook required contact details in excel which was further imported into your outlook database and you can easily work smoothly.
Here are a few simple steps to import contacts to outlook from excel.
- Step 1 – Create an Excel-based spreadsheet (contact list, Phone number, contact names, email list), no matter whatever details you have, refer to a sample excel spreadsheet below.
- Step 2 – Save your excel sheet into CSV (comma-separated values) file, In the Save as type box, choose CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv), and click Save.
Note:- Quick steps how to save excel file to (.csv)
- Click the File tab and select the Save As option.
- Select the location you need to save your file.
- You will see the Save As dialog box. Select the option CSV (Comma delimited) from the drop-down list and Hit Save.
Now all ready to add contacts to Outlook.
How to import CSV into outlook?
Now you have your (.csv) file ready to import. [why to save excel in CSV for import contact – The reason is Microsoft Outlook allows the user to import the database in Comma Separated Values only.]
- Step 3 – Click File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Step 4 – Import and Export Wizard dialog box appears, select Import from another program or file to import CSV to outlook, then select Next.
- Step 5 – Select Comma Separated Values and click next, (you already have saved the .csv file in the preferred location of your computer).
- Step 6 – Now import your file clicking on the browse button, and select your file.
There are three options you have to choose from one Click Next.
~ Replace duplicate contacts with items imported.
~ Allow duplicates to be created.
~ Do not import duplicate items.
- Step 7 – Another dialog box required now you must select your specific email id contacts, where you want to import your (.csv) file and click Next.
- Step 8 – Next Step is very interesting and the real gamechanger, the key answer of ‘How to import contacts in Outlook from Excel’, Map a custom field. Basically, this step fetches your data into Outlook contact format.
- Step 9 – Click to the attachment above and Click Map custom field.
- Step 10 – Map Custom Fields dialog box appears, follow the below steps:
Look at Comma Separated Values-It consist of data of your (.csv) file, you can check from the image below to the image of the excel sheet above in the article.
Another Field is To – Microsoft Office Outlook Contacts (This computer only) – Which will show you multiple options required to fetch from your data.
How To Map Custom Fields Outlook?
Basically, you have to drag your (.csv) data with your mouse (for example click on the name from comma-separated Value, hold the left mouse button, drag to the exact match to the right hand-filed options and leave your mouse button). That way you fetch all your data to the Microsoft Outlook database.
If you mistakenly fetch the wrong data with the wrong field, not to worry you can easily correct by again dragging (manual mapping) the same data to the correct field, that way your previous drag is detected by itself.
If you feel there are really major changes required you can easily click Clear Map and reset your setting.
- Step 10 – Finally Click Finish
- Step 11 – The system begins importing contacts data into Outlook.
How to check import contacts in Outlook?
After you have completed the above process, you can easily check whether your contact properly merges in your outlook account.
- Open Outlook and reach a left-hand bottom corner of the screen >> Click People
- Outlook shift to the Contact screen >> Click Home >> Move to the current view portion, you can check your uploaded contacts easily over there.
- Bussines Card
All these options allow the user to analyze the contact in different views.
Import Contacts on Outlook.com
Recently I configure my Gmail account with Outlook, one major problem I face is my contacts which are already available in my Gmail account, but after configuration, I have to import all those contacts to Outlook web.
I manage to create a CSV file, it is further required to import the contacts into Outlook. The above method is likely to help in the Outlook Applications.
You will learn step by step method “How to Import Contacts on Outlook.com?”
- Open Outlook Web >> and click the People icon from left-hand upper portion of the screen.
- Click Import Contact (Outlook.com is web-based platform which on the interval update the design, sometimes you need to find the import contact options).
- Click on Browse and upload your CSV file.
- Find your specified location where you saved your contacts CSV file, then click import, It will take few movements to upload
- Your contacts are uploaded and imported to your Outlook.com email account.
- Finally, you can check out New contacts are added to the list.
The best part of Outlook web import is you don’t need to Map the contacts Fields.
Importing email addresses into outlook always works for you in a professional way. It will help you in several ways for future actions of work.
- How to attach an email in Outlook?
- How to Export Email addresses from Outlook?
- How to make a regular to-do list on Microsoft Outlook?
- How to set up multiple Gmail accounts in Outlook?
- How to create a watermark in Microsoft outlook?
- Why does my Microsoft Outlook not find spelling errors?
- How to do a Mail Merge in Outlook? [with attachment]