This article is all about a basic problem every user a time faces in their work (job, profession) which is sending emails as an attachment. [How to send Outlook email as an attachment]
In general practice, we all send an email along with external attachments or files (like Excel, Word, PDF, etc), Outlook also allows you to send an email with the attachment of (an already sent message).
It is extremely easy to combine multiple emails in a single mail and send it to the sender instead of forwarding every individual mail. [It’s like packing a gift in the box and again packing that box in a box].
Case study: – I was working in the power sector as a Project Coordinator, and my basic job is to compile the progress of physical work from every site office and send it to my corporate office daily.
I used to create an email along with the Excel sheet attachment which progress and subject line (Progress Report dated <date>) and send it to my seniors.
Now One day I received a call to forward all the progress of the last 15 days, as there may be some review meeting.
Instead of forwarding every mail, of the last 15 days, I created a single mail and add all the mail attachment for 15 days and send it just like that.
It took me a few minutes, it saves my time, and my bosses were also impressed with that kind of compiled information (although I am an expert in compiling the progress, I compiled the progress emails too).
In this article, I will show you step by step guide on ‘How to attach an email to another email in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook for Microsoft 365? The steps to forward emails as attachments are the same in Outlook 2010 to 2019 including Outlook for Microsoft 365.
How to forward messages as attachments in Outlook?
When you forward or reply to an email in Outlook, it automatically adds all attachments that come along with the email to the reply, which is useful when you have to forward a message with multiple attachments.
But sometimes, you may want to send only some of the attachments from the original email, and this can be tricky.
A couple of methods are Outlook Forward Email as an Attachment.
How to attach an email as an attachment?
Here are a few steps to attach email to email.
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click Home Tab >> New Mail
- Step 2 – Draft your content, enter the sender’s mail address, and draft the subject, and now it’s time to attach an email to an email. [Click Message >> Click attach item (from include section) OR Click Insert >> Outlook items (from include section)] Both will take you to the same gateway (Insert item).
- Step 3 – Insert Item is a separate dialog box it consists of the ‘look in’ section, which reveals all your email addresses, you can click the email id and select your subsection (inbox, sent, spam, calendar, etc).
After selection, the list of emails or information comes down, all you must do is select the email or to-do list (in case of the calendar), you want to attach to your email. Press and hold the Ctrl key to forward multiple emails as attachments with the single mail.
- Step 4 – Now it’s time to select (text only or attachment),
IF YOU SELECT ATTACHMENT- The selected mail is attached with your mail in the form of an attachment, when you double-click on the attachment, you can see a separate dialog box of that mail.
IF YOU SELECT TEXT ONLY – That selected mail will impose with your existing message content and there is no such attachment visible.
- Step 5 – Click the Send Button the receiver will get the attached email to the email.
How to forward an email message as an attachment in Outlook?
In the above example, you have learned the method of attaching multiple emails as an attachment, you can also select an email and directly forward an Email attachment as a single email message as an attachment easily.
- Open Outlook and select an email that you want to send as an attachment. Again, you can press and hold the Ctrl key to forward multiple emails as attachments with a single mail.
- Click Home Tab >> Reach respond section >> Forward as an attachment.
- A new mail page automatically appears with your selected mail attachment, all you must complete is balance work like matter/content, and subject, select the email from which you like to send the email, type the sender’s email address, and add your signature.
Important Note: – If you are using multiple emails and like to attach an email from different emails you can easily copy all attachments from multiple emails to a new email in Outlook with the same process you have learned above.
Recommend article: How to Email Large Files as Attachments in MS Outlook
Quick Drag and Drop Option
One of the quicker methods, which really became part of your smart mailing, is the “Drag and drop method”.
Open your Outlook and Select the email you are required to reply to, reply to, or forward.
Your specific email is open on the right-hand side screen of your Outlook.
Click anyone (reply, reply all, or forward) according to your requirement.
Now select your email or emails you like to send as an attachment. Here you must simply drag and drop the email or emails onto the message window.
Go to the draft and select your specific mail, and you can check the attached emails. You can also double the attachment and Outlook walk you through the original email (which you have attached).
Click Send and your receiver will get the mail attachment.
You can also create a new message and attach an email with the same drag-and-drop options. This method is extremely easy, and you won’t need to learn a specific process.
How Outlook Automatically Forward Emails as Attachments every time
We all have observed when we received a forwarded email, the original message by default was available with the mail-in text form (which is natural).
At the same time, if you forward some mail, the receiver will also get your original message in text form.
Now here is the deal:
Can you set all forwarded emails to be sent as attachments? The answer is YES
You must change the default setting of MS Outlook.
- Go To File >> Options >> Mail
- Select Attach original message from the drop-down list of both [when replying to a message & when forwarding a message].
- Click OK
How To Remove Forward Emails as Attachments in Outlook?
Removing forward emails as an attachment in Outlook, again required simple modification of what we have executed in the above example.
- Click File >> Options >>Mail
- Select (include original message text) in both Replying and Forwarding sections.
- Click OK.
The original default setting is reset.
How To Attach Email in Outlook Web?
Attaching an email with the email in the Outlook web application is slightly different, there isn’t a specific option for forwarding it as an attachment. Follow the below steps to understand step by step method:
- Open your web browser, navigate to Outlook.com, and log in to your Outlook account. Once logged in, you can either click “New Message” or “Reply” from the top-left corner of the window.
- In both, the scenario’s next step remains the same, browse the email that you want to send as an attachment on your left-hand side panel.
- Once you selected the email message you like to attach with the new email message, use the drag and drop technique to convert it into an email attachment.
- Now you should find an attachment in your new email.
- Next, fill up the necessary requirement, Subject Line, Email address or recipient, and email message content, and click the Send button.
- Select Send to send the message with the attached email to the recipient.
This article covers all the steps required for the user how do you attach an email to another email. Please share which idea you like the most and the results fruitful in your work.
Once you have the right account details, creating a forwarding rule is straightforward. And if you need to make a change, it’s even easier.
it’s easy to make your email stand out. Using your signature and customizing formatting are effortless ways to show your organization and style. Add a picture, font, and format, and you create a signature that’s uniquely you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some common questions people have about attaching emails in Outlook:
Can I attach multiple emails to one email?
Yes, you can attach multiple emails to one email in Outlook. To do so, select the emails you want to attach by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on each email.
Then, drag and drop them into the new email message. Alternatively, you can right-click on the selected emails and choose “Forward as Attachment.”
Can I attach an email to a meeting invitation?
Yes, you can attach an email to a meeting invitation in Outlook. When creating a new meeting invitation, click on the “Insert” tab and select “Outlook Item.” Choose the email you want to attach and click “OK.”
Can I attach an email to a task?
Yes, you can attach an email to a task in Outlook. Open the task you want to attach the email to and click on the “Insert” tab. Select “Outlook Item” and choose the email you want to attach.
Can I attach an email from a different email account?
Yes, you can attach an email from a different email account in Outlook. First, make sure the email account is added to Outlook.
Then, when creating a new email message, click on the “Attach File” button and select “Outlook Item.” Choose the email you want to attach from the other account.