Last Updated on March 5, 2023 by Amit Bansal
Password one of the entry gates to your email account and reset/change the password initiated from the Email host (like Gmail, Rediff mail, Yahoo, Microsoft 365, and Corporate Exchange server).
Once you change the password, you are required to reset the password in Microsoft Outlook as well to get complete access.
If your passwords don’t match and outlook keeps asking for passwords, Outlook reflects an error every time you attempt to send and receive mail in Outlook.
In this article, you will learn step by step process “How to change outlook password”.
How to reset Outlook Password?
Resenting the Microsoft Outlook password required a few manual adjustments to change the password and match the technical credentials for smooth unencrypted services from Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook >> Click File Tab from the left-hand corner of the Outlook screen.
- Click Info >> Account Settings >> Manage Profiles
- Click on Email Accounts from the mail setup dialog box.
- This will open a new window with all your connected accounts. Click on the “Email” tab select the email account you like to change the password and then click on the “Change” button.
- The next step takes you through the “Change Account” window.
- In the “Change Account” dialog box, Enter the new passwords in the password section and hit “Next”.
- Outlook itself crosscheck the credentials and finally, Outlook changes the password.
How To Change Outlook.com password?
The above method is quite simple, in case you like to reset your password in Outlook.com, Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Open Outlook.com in the browser bar and hit Enter >> Sign in to your account.
- Click on the photo icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- This step walks you through the multiple setting options page, Click on Security from the options at the top of the screen.
- Click Change my Password
- You will get an authorization page where you select text verification and enter the last 4 digits of your phone number and click Send Code.
- Enter the code you received on your registered mobile number and click verify.
- After the verification, the system automatically takes you to the change the password page, where you have to enter the existing password and new password and reenter the password and click save.
- Finally, the Outlook.com password is changed.
The best part of resetting passwords in Outlook.com is once you change the password, it will automatically synchronize with the Outlook desktop application and mobile application.
In some case you can’t remember the outlook password, the reason is our system automatically save the password once entered for the portal, you can revive the password using Forget Password option.
How To Recover Outlook Password?
In case you’ve forgotten the password for your Microsoft account, the best option to recover the password is to change the password but to change the password, you need to know the old password first.
The solution is to opt for forget password, this process allows the user to regenerate the password even if you forget your old password.
In case you are using Gmail, Rediff mail, Yahoo, or any other email service provider to recover the password you need to recover the password from the client portal and then change it to the Outlook application, but in case you need to recover the password from Outlook.com.
Here are the steps to follow:
To change the password step, you must follow the steps above, once you get there click forget password.
- Now you need to verify your identity, click on the radio button of text and enter the last four digits of your registered mobile number and click get code.
- Enter the code received on your mobile phone and click next.
- Reset your password page appears, now enter/renter your new password.
Note: Password must be eight characters, use one upper case alphabet, numeric and special character.
How to find Outlook Password?
Finding Outlook Password from the saved password list on your computer system is quite easy, instead of creating a new password and keeping the record of the updated password is really messy.
Outlook.com is a web-based platform, which saves your password automatically in your computer memory which you can revive at any time, here is the process to find Outlook Password.
- Click on the vertical ellipses on your browser screen.
- Type Outlook in the search bar >> you will get the list of the saved passwords of Outlook emails you have excessed from your computer.
- Click on the eye symbol in front of a specific email address, enter your computer system password, and your password of that email address reveal.
In conclusion, to reset the password of your Outlook account, you need to enter the password. When you enter the password, it asks whether to set a new password or confirm the old password. If you select yes and enter a new password, Outlook confirms that the new password works.
You should change your password frequently, and if you don’t remember your password, you can restore it from a backup.