With the regular inflow of emails in your Outlook 365 Inbox arranged according to the dates by default, you can easily dig deeper and find out emails by dates, Outlook also allows you to search in different methods.
Outlook email arrangement is very clear, one month older emails collectively get older email section. How about you want to find old emails in Outlook?
Searching an email with specific criteria, like date, name of a person, specific subject character, special content, or email address, are real magic, Microsoft Outlook introduces a simple method to find out and group old email messages.
Let’s dive in:
How to find old emails in outlook app [Step by step guide]
Searching in a professional manner, you can create a search folder and group all required messages, here is the tutorial:
- Lunch Outlook >> Select your inbox or the required folder.
- Go to Folder Tab >> Select “New Serch Folder”.
Under this step, you are asking Outlook to create an individual folder that filters emails according to your periodic requirement.
- Click New Search Folder – It consists of few categories such as (Reading mails, Mail from people and list, Organized mail, and Custom) which can to shorted out and gathered in a specific folder.
- Click Old mail-in “Organized mail section”.
- Click on Choose, Select the category (days, weeks, months) and further select the numeric value. You can select any time period and also in case you have multiple accounts in your outlook, then you can select that specific email account.
- Then simply hit “OK” and “OK” again.
- Your folder is created and added into the Navigation Pane having specifically selected period emails. You can check your folder from your selected email address bottom from the left-hand side of your screen [refer: Snapshot].
There are a few options like (rename, delete, and many more) that can be processed by clicking the right mouse button from your folder. There is no such edit option, not to worry, you can simply delete the folder and create a new one.
There are multiple ways to get your desired results like rules function, conditions formating but this method is specially designed to solve and get your old emails.
- How To Setup/Run Rules in Outlook 365 Webmail? [Use rules to manage your email]
- Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending?
- How To Refresh Outlook? [2019, 365]
- How To Export Outlook Emails to Excel with Date and Time?
- How To Start Outlook On Startup Windows 10?
- How To Bookmark in Outlook Email?
- How Conditional Formatting in Outlook For Multiple Words Works?