One of the biggest mistakes you can make is losing important emails. Lose an important email? Then you’re up a creek without a paddle.
Not only can that be extremely frustrating, but it can end up costing you thousands of dollars.
Thankfully, it’s easy to help keep old emails organized in Outlook. This tip will show you how to find and organize old emails in Outlook.
With the regular inflow of emails in your Outlook 365 Inbox arranged according to the dates by default, you can easily dig deeper and find out emails by dates, Outlook also allows you to search in different methods.
Outlook email arrangement is noticeably clear, one-month older emails collectively get an older email section. How about you want to find old emails in Outlook?
Searching an email with specific criteria, like date, name of a person, specific subject character, exclusive content, or email address, is magic, Microsoft Outlook introduces a simple method to find out and group old email messages.
Let’s dive in:
How to Find Old Emails in the Outlook App [Step by step guide]
Searching in a professional manner, you can create a search folder and group all required messages, here is the tutorial:
- Lunch Outlook >> Select your inbox or the required folder.
- Go to Folder Tab >> Select “New Search Folder.
Under this step, you are asking Outlook to create an individual folder that filters emails according to your periodic requirement.
- Click New Search Folder – It consists of a few categories such as (Reading mails, Mail from people and list, Organized mail, and Custom) which can be sorted out and gathered in a specific folder.
- Click Old mail-in “Organized mail section”.
- Click on Choose, Select the category (days, weeks, months), and further select the numeric value. You can select any time and in case you have multiple accounts in your outlook, then you can select that specific email account.
- Then simply hit “OK” and “OK” again.
- Your folder is created and added to the Navigation Pane having specifically selected period emails. You can check your folder from your selected email address bottom from the left-hand side of your screen [refer: Snapshot].
There are a few options like (rename, delete, and many more) that can be processed by clicking the right mouse button from your folder. There is no such edit option, not to worry, you can simply delete the folder and create a new one.
There are multiple ways to get your desired results like rules function, and conditions formatting but this method is specially designed to solve and get your old emails.