Flagged emails are like electronic speed bumps. You know you should address them, but never quite get around to it.
The next time you’re tempted to blow off that email thread with the sales department, consider these key steps for clearing flagged messages in Outlook:
Flagging emails in Outlook is meant for the purpose to mark those email messages in your inbox that in the future spend attention, the red flag also marks those emails on the To-do list.
In this article, you will get more attention to Flagging Emails and How to find flagged emails in Outlook?
What does it mean to flag an email?
Flagging an email means marking an email message which reminds you to follow up or act later. Once you mark the email with the red flag, those messages will appear in the To-Do Bar, in Tasks, and in the Daily Task List in Calendar.
I Personally flag specific email messages to grab certain information, which consumes time to find that buried email message.
How To Flag Outlook Email for Follow Up?
Flags make it easier to find and track email messages in Outlook, marking a flag on the specific email message from your inbox and shorting in the group is quite interesting.
Here is the step-by-step process:
- Open Microsoft Outlook >> Select your folder
- Click on Home Tab >> Go to the Tag section
- Click Flag logo follow-up.
You can select the flag according to your requirement (Today, tomorrow, this week, next week, no date, Custom), and your selection will remind you for your follow-up.
How to see flagged emails in Outlook?
Once you have marked some emails with flags, and now you want to find out these emails, here are a few methods to pick outlook flag emails.
- Open Microsoft Outlook >> Select the folder you like to search flagged email within.
- Go to the search bar and click on it >> Search Tab appears with multiple options to help users to search for specific nature of emails.
- Click on Flagged which results in emails shorted with flagged only.
Another option is to type “[followupflag:followup flag]“ in the Instant Search box, and all you flagged email message results are shorted.
How To View Flagged Emails in Outlook by Search Folder?
You can also separate the flag email in a separate folder using a Search Folder. This step copies all your flagged emails into the specific folder which is later exercised according to your requirement.
Here is the step to execute:
- Click on Folder >> New Search Folder
- A New Search Folder dialog box appears, click on Mail flagged for follow up option, and Hit OK.
- You can observe a new folder name For Follow Up is created in the navigation section just below the search folder, the folder only consists of Outlook flagged emails.
Microsoft Outlook to-do list is also designed to keep and remind the user of upcoming events like red flags emails or tasks.
Use Instant Search
Instant Search can be used to find flagged items within the selected folder or across all mail folders.
- On the Home tab, in the Find group, click Filter E-mail, and then click Flagged.