Exporting contacts from outlook is as similar as importing contacts from excel to outlook, you already learned step by step guide in the previous article.
In this article, you will get step by step guide on how to export email list from outlook?.
Why users export contacts from outlook?
There is two major reason user (including me) use to export contacts from outlook.
- Moving your complete outlook data including email contacts to another server or system.
- Secondly, to export emails to save the data in a backup file.
How to download contacts from outlook?
Manually exporting a file of contacts from Outlook required few steps to follow, you can easily save your contacts in (.csv) file.
Let’s begin with (how to extract email addresses from emails to CSV).
- Step 1 – Open Outlook, then go to the File tab >> open & export >> select import/export tab.
- Step 2 – Import and Export Wizard dialog box appears, select Export to a file, and then click next button.
- Step 3 – Select Comma Separated Values, and then click Next button
- Step 4 – Next step ask you to select your specific mail id contacts to export contacts to csv format.
- Step 5 – Select your specific area on the desktop/laptop computer there you want to save your export file by clicking the browse button.
While selecting by default the file type would be Comma Separated Values (.csv)
- Step 6 – Export to a File dialog box appears, please click the Map Custom Fields button.
- Step 7 – You have two options either click Finish and your file saved as per default setting & If you don’t like the default setting, click on the Map custom fields.
Although both [From: Microsoft office outlook contacts (this computer only) & To: Comma Separated Values Export contact] are aligned with each other, if you like to make some changes, Click clear map button to remove all the values on the right pane.
Let’s say you have click clear map.
How to map custom fields in outlook?
We have already learned in the small video in the previous article ‘How to fetch data in map custom field‘
You should choose your own value from the left pane. Just like the instructions giving in the dialog box: you need to drag the values from the source file on the left, and drop them on the appropriate destination field on the right. When finish setting, click on OK button.
- Step 8 – Click Finish
How to export contacts from Outlook to Gmail?
Most of the users search for “how to import contacts to Gmail from csv” the answer is the same.
Import Outlook contacts to Gmail consist of two parts.
- Exporting contacts from outlook
- Importing contacts to Gmail
We have already learned step by step guide on exporting contacts from Outlook, under this section you will understand import contacts from Outlook to Gmail.
Here are step by step guide~
- Step 1 – Grab your (.csv) file which you have already saved in your hard drive (which was earlier saved while exporting contacts from outlook).
- Step 2 – Open your Gmail account >> Click Contacts
- Step 3 – You are into the contacts section of Gmail >> Click Import.
- Step 4 – Click the “Select File” button on the Import contacts dialog box.
- Step 5 – Select your (.csv) file saved in the hard drive and click import.
- Step 6 – You will get all your contact in Gmail contacts with email ID.
You now have an address book full of contacts that you can immediately start emailing. You can also make changes according to your requirements.
How to extract email addresses and names from Outlook?
Many of the users required a specific list of email addresses along with the name of the recipient and sender in excel for further R&D.
In the above explanation it is clear “how to export contacts from outlook”, but for that, your recipient and sender must be added in your Outlook contact list.
There is an easy option available for, how to add email recipients to contacts as well as the sender.
You can understand by this simple step, click the right button from your mouse of the email address of the recipient or sender and click ‘ADD TO OUTLOOK CONTACTS’.
Further outlook walks you through the address book there you will get some data already filled by default and you can add other multiple areas to complete the form, or you can simply save the information.
But its a hectic process, if you have tons of email data, and it required individual processes to save to contact and there is a limit in outlook to create contacts.
What is the limit of contacts in outlook?
Normally you can save up to 60-120 contacts depending upon the data of your contact.
Here is the solution you can easily export all your recipient name & email address in excel.
How to export all senders and recipients name & Email address as Contacts in Excel.
Frankly speaking, the title is a bit difficult to understand but the steps didn’t.
You are getting an email from multiple addresses, and you want to prepare a list of all emails along with the sender’s name in excel, maybe you want to do some analyses to need to import that data to other servers.
Adding recipient email address and name to your contacts and exporting your contact, you have already learned in the above content of the article.
Here you will learn step by step guide of exporting recipient email address and name directly into excel.
In my article How to Import contacts to Outlook from Excel? the process is just similar but you have to do it in reverse form.
- Step 1 – Go to Outlook >> Click File on the right-hand top corner >> Open & Export >> Import and export.
- Step 2 – Click Export to a file from the Import and Wizard Dialog Box.
- Step 3 – Select File Type ‘Comma-separated values’ and click Next.
- Step 4 – Now its a decision point [If you required exporting name and email address of recipient select Inbox & If you required exporting name and email address of the sender, select outbox]
Similarly, you can select the Julk email box, depending on your requirements.
In my case just to show you I have selected Inbox, I need email address and name of all the recipient of the specific email id and click Next.
- Step 5 – Select your specific area in your computer to save (.csv) file clicking the browse button.
- Step 6 -Click to Map custom field.
- Step 7 – This step add all email senders or recipients as contacts when you click map custom,
Although you can download (.csv) file without any modification or you can get default data (which include Body, From, CC, BCC, Subject, Email address, etc) everything in your excel file.
But we required only name and email address, so ~
- Step 8 – Click Clear Map >> Select Name & address from the Left-hand section individually, drag & drop on the right-hand side section.
(small video help you out).
- Step 9 – Click OK >> Click Finish to start the export process.
Finally, you can get you to excel sheet which includes email address and name of the folder you select, meanwhile there must be lots of duplicity in the email address data, you can use excel functions to create a perfect sheet.
- Why is Microsoft Outlook infested with Junk Mail?
- How to Search an email by Date in Outlook?
- How to make a regular to do list on Microsoft Outlook?
- How to set up multiple Gmail accounts in Outlook?
- How to create a watermark in Microsoft outlook?
- How to Import contacts to Outlook from Excel?
- How to do a Mail Merge in Outlook? [with attachment]