Preparing your road map/future plan is fruitful for every person, whether you are planning for a vacation or your dinner, office assignment, or financial investments. Every task required to prepare ‘To-Do list‘.
Many people prefer to keep a list of things to do on paper, sticky notes, or in a spreadsheet, Does Microsoft outlook have a to-do list, the answer is ‘Yes of course.
Microsoft Outlook also helps to prepare a to-do list into one list, which enhances with reminders and tracking.
I personally use a whiteboard in my workstation earlier Microsoft outlook shared to do it.
In this article, you will learn all about ‘How to create to-do list in Outlook?‘.
How Outlook task list produces the best results?
Globally every user whether an employee or self-employed sticks my their computer or laptop, even though you are sitting in one place, but your mind involve in various tasks, outlook reminder pop helps you to recall something important you need to review.
For instance:- I personally use to review or check my investment return on daily basis but the point is reviewing in the morning a more fruitful than in the afternoon or evening because, according to market condition if I required to shuffle some of my investment for a better return, its morning time.
But due to the workload at my office I forget to recall my action required, Outlook reminds pop (TO DO LIST) to help me out.
How Microsoft outlook create to-do list/task?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how-to-do list prepared in outlook.
- Step 1 – Click view tab >> To-Do bar >> Calender
- Step 2 – Double click the calendar and a separate dialog box appeared. It consists of several functions (like – New appointment, work week, week, month and many more, below image, speaks itself.
- Step 3 – Create your to-do list for the whole month (monthly planner) – this will help to remind you of your important upcoming events which really you don’t want to miss!
The monthly planner and rest outlook work for you to remind, you will get the reminder according to your requirement.
The best feature of the to-do list you can view your list even if your main screen is active. After you, input data the outlook itself remind you, and show you your pendency on the right side calendar view.
In some cases by default, you are unable to see calendar availability in outlook.
This small tutorial activates your calendar view:
- Click View >> layout section >> Click todo bar >> check calender
- You can easily encounter the calendar on the right side of your outlook screen as well as the list of tasks for the upcoming days as per schedule.
How to view task in Outlook?
To complete view your to-do list in outlook, you have to enter the task tab of Microsoft outlook.
- Click task in the navigation option, you will get a separate dialog box of the task and you can see a list of tasks.
There are several view options available in the outlook for different users as per their requirements.
- Detailed View
- Simple View
- To-do List
- Next 7 days
- Server Task
How to assign task in outlook?
Using outlook tasks to manage a team is a great feature to keep your progress up to date, Microsoft to-do list/task management is work 24X7 assistant for every high-level management to control and keep an eye on the deployed assignment to the team.
So how it works?
- For assigning a new task to your team member you required to create a new task by clicking the Navigation option >> Tasks >> which allows you to the dialog box of tasks.
- Enter your subject, the Start date of your planned assessment, the due date of completion, you can also fix the priority level along with the work completing percentage while assisting the task to your team member.
- By default, if you want to cancel the assignment you can click the cancel Assignment manage task button.
- Enter the email id of the team member and finally send the mail.
- Your team member will get your assignment through this mail like this, now all he/she required to approve the task given.
What the difference between to-do list and tasks in outlook
Tagging the flag button to your email in your inbox converts the email to the ‘To-Do list’, that process adds the particular mail to your task list. It’s helpful to add a flag to an email that requires a response.
- A Task is an assignment, which is stored in a Tasks Folder.
- A To-Do is the flagged Outlook item that indicates a regular follow-up, usually flagged email, as well as all of the tasks in the Task folders in the profile.
Click (Ctrl+Shift+K) short cut to get new task generation dialog box.
How to turn an email into a task outlook
Outlook converts email to the task, generally, incorporate atmosphere employees are assigned task in outlook, as well as you can convert the email in your task or to-do list.
Not only in the work there are some personal emails that require personal attention like paying your child’s school fee, paying your electricity/mobile bills.
When you get the emails from such an area, you can automatically convert email to task outlook.
- Point out the email in your Inbox you will convert it into a task, all you have to do is highlight the email (with the red flag) you want to create a task for. That mail is automatically added to your task/to-do list.
- You can manually convert your email into a task. Copy the content of the email and generate a new task and can commend further to do instruction according to the requirement.
- With the email highlighted drag your mouse down and drop it on the Outlook tasks bar.
Microsoft Outlook to-do list export excel
Exporting your task list into excel spread speed also helps you analyze your data using a different set of filters. Here is a step by step guide:
- Click File >> Open & Export
- Import and Export dialog box, click Export to a file >> click the Next button
- Select Comma Separated Values >> Click Next
- Point out the Tasks folder under the email account which you want to export in Excel, then click the Next button
- Name your file and select the location by clicking browse >> Click Next
- The next dialog box asks you to set the date range you want to save the data between.
- The final step is to click OK, & You will get your file at your desired location.
- Why is Microsoft Outlook infested with Junk Mail?
- Microsoft Outlook unable to search emails! [How to Fix it] + How to search multiple words?
- Why Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails but can send? 
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Edit Signature in Microsoft outlook?
- Outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct! How to get rid of It?