Stick notes are designed for blinking a reminder of your pending or to-do scheduled work. Many use to note it down in their diary, and many use sticky paper notes and pin them on the board or sometimes laptop.
I personally use windows ten sticky features earlier, Microsoft Outlook hides an excellent feature of sticky notes, which really helps you get on the mark every time.
In this article, you will learn every feature, benefit, and process of Sticky Notes in Outlook.
How To Use Sticky Notes Outlook for Quick Reminders?
Stick notes are something like important terms or numbers, passwords, or some important to-do tasks before the scheduled time.
Create Sticky Note
Here follows the step-by-step tutorial to understand and create new sticky notes: Where do I find the sticky notes in outlook?
- Lunch Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the navigation section on the button left-hand corner of the Outlook screen.
- A separate note page pops up, you can add, edit, and delete your notes smartly.
- Click Home Tab >> New note >> new note with the default size and color appears.
Too familiar with Outlook sticky notes
Sticky notes are beautiful and consist of several functions, refer to snapshot for better understanding:
- Option 1 – Click on it and you will get additional functionalities like (delete, forward, and categories).
- The second option blue color strip allows the user to move the sticky note anywhere on the screen.
- Thirdly cross sign is very aware to everybody, it uses to close a note. (Once you close the note, the note automatically saves for you).
- Next are the hold and drag option which increases and decreases the size of the sticky note.
- The fifth is date and time, it automatically updates when you last modified the note.
- Finally, you can start typing your content.
Note: There is no separate save option available in sticky notes.
Sticky Notes View Arrangement
Sticky notes are organized according to the recent update, if you open and update old notes, it will automatically change the date and time and relocate their position on the top.
By default, Outlook arranges note refer snapshot.
Click Note list from the home tab for more clarity, you can check every notepad (date and timewise): The order automatically rearranges on their updating.
How To Customize Sticky Notes in Outlook?
You can adjust the color of your note according to your choice, there are three ways to do this:
- Select and open the note, clicking the menu in the top left of an open note and selecting “Categorize” from the menu, and selecting the color.
- Name that category, if required, or by default, it will take the name of the color, you can also arrange a keyboard shortcut key.
- Once you hit Ok, you can observe the change in color of your note: Trust me it’s beautiful.
- The second option are clicking the right mouse button on the icon and clicking categorize, then the process is like the above, [refer: Snapshot]
It’s the longest way to do it, select your specific note in the Notes window and click the Home >> Categorize option.
You can customize all icons according to your choice. After selecting any path the result is clear, you can check the color categories of all the sticky notes on the window.
Also read: How to Organize Emails with Color Categories in Outlook?
How To Send Notes Through Email?
Sending your note to other people through email message quickly is simple, if your recipient also has Outlook, he can also open the note and use it accordingly.
Just like categorizing, forwarding your sticky note also have three simple ways. Let’s [refer snapshot] ~
All three options walk you through the same place, this will create an email with that note as an attachment.
Inject all the information like email address, subject line, and body content and click send button.
In case your recipient opens the email message attachment note in a mail program like Gmail or other mail programs, it will be treated as a plain text email, but if they open it in Outlook, it’ll be treated as a Note.
How to add sticky notes to my desktop?
Microsoft Outlook allows the user to save the notes files on their desktop, all you must do is click the menu in the top left of an open note and select and hit save as an option.
You must select the location, (It is recommended to save on the desktop) and click save, you can check your file save on the desktop. Whenever you open that file, it will appear like windows stick note, you can edit and close it.
It is mandatory that while opening that file from the desktop, your MS Outlook must be running in the background.
Bonus tip: You can also use drag and drop options to save your file from the outlook window to the desktop directly, all you must do is select the file and drag that file up to the desktop (without leaving the mouse button) and drag it anywhere. [ref: snapshot].
The Sticky Notes is really a remarkable feature of Microsoft Outlook, and you may use it for writing down some things that you want to remember while composing emails or related work.