Stick notes are designed for blinking a reminder of your pending or to-do scheduled work. Many use to note it down in their diary, and many use sticky paper notes and pin them on the board or sometimes laptop.
I personally use Windows ten sticky features earlier, Microsoft Outlook hides an excellent feature of sticky notes, which really helps you get on the mark every time.
In this article, you will learn every feature, benefit, and process of Sticky Notes in Outlook.
How To Use Sticky Notes Outlook for Quick Reminders?
Stick notes are something like important terms or numbers, passwords, or some important to-do tasks before the scheduled time.
Create Sticky Note
Here follows the step-by-step tutorial to understand and create new sticky notes: Where do I find the sticky notes in Outlook?
- Lunch Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the navigation section on the button left-hand corner of the Outlook screen.
- A separate note page pops up, you can add, edit, and delete your notes smartly.
- Click Home Tab >> New note >> New note with the default size and color appears.
Too familiar with Outlook sticky notes
Sticky notes are beautiful and consist of several functions, refer to the snapshot for a better understanding:
- Option 1 – Click on it and you will get additional functionalities like (delete, forward, and categories).
- The second option blue color strip allows the user to move the sticky note anywhere on the screen.
- Thirdly cross sign is very aware to everybody, it uses to close a note. (Once you close the note, the note automatically saves for you).
- Next are the hold and drag option which increases and decreases the size of the sticky note.
- The fifth is date and time, it automatically updates when you last modified the note.
- Finally, you can start typing your content.
Note: There is no separate save option available in sticky notes.
Sticky Notes View Arrangement
Sticky notes are organized according to the recent update, if you open and update old notes, it will automatically change the date and time and relocate their position on the top.
By default, Outlook arranges note refer snapshot.
Click Note list from the home tab for more clarity, you can check every notepad (date and timewise): The order automatically rearranges on their updating.
How To Customize Sticky Notes in Outlook?
You can adjust the color of your note according to your choice, there are three ways to do this:
- Select and open the note, by clicking the menu in the top left of an open note and selecting “Categorize” from the menu, and selecting the color.
- Name that category, if required, or by default, it will take the name of the color, you can also arrange a keyboard shortcut key.
- Once you hit Ok, you can observe the change in color of your note: Trust me it’s beautiful.
- The second option are clicking the right mouse button on the icon and clicking categorize, then the process is like the above, [refer: Snapshot]
It’s the longest way to do it, select your specific note in the Notes window and click the Home >> Categorize option.
You can customize all icons according to your choice. After selecting any path the result is clear, you can check the color categories of all the sticky notes on the window.
How To Send Notes Through Email?
Sending your note to other people through email message quickly is simple, if your recipient also has Outlook, he can also open the note and use it accordingly.
Just like categorizing, forwarding your sticky note also have three simple ways. Let’s [refer to snapshot] ~
All three options walk you through the same place, this will create an email with that note as an attachment.
Inject all the information like email address, subject line, and body content and click send button.
In case your recipient opens the email message attachment note in a mail program like Gmail or other mail programs, it will be treated as a plain text email, but if they open it in Outlook, it’ll be treated as a Note.
How to add sticky notes to my desktop?
Microsoft Outlook allows the user to save the notes files on their desktop, all you must do is click the menu in the top left of an open note and select and hit save as an option.
You must select the location, (It is recommended to save on the desktop) and click save, you can check your file save on the desktop. Whenever you open that file, it will appear like Windows stick note, you can edit and close it.
It is mandatory that while opening that file from the desktop, your MS Outlook must be running in the background.
Bonus tip: You can also use drag and drop options to save your file from the outlook window to the desktop directly, all you must do is select the file and drag that file up to the desktop (without leaving the mouse button) and drag it anywhere. [ref: snapshot].
The Sticky Notes is really a remarkable feature of Microsoft Outlook, and you may use it for writing down some things that you want to remember while composing emails or related work.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Creating and Managing Sticky Notes in Outlook
Sticky Notes in Microsoft Outlook provide a convenient way to jot down important reminders and tasks.
While using the mouse for creating and managing sticky notes is simple, keyboard shortcuts can streamline the process, saving you time and effort.
In this section, we will explore various keyboard shortcuts for creating new notes, deleting notes, and changing note colors in Outlook’s Sticky Notes feature.
Creating a New Note: To quickly create a new sticky note in Outlook, you can use the following keyboard shortcut:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+N: This shortcut creates a new note with the default size and color.
Deleting a Note: When you no longer need a sticky note and want to delete it, you can use the following keyboard shortcut:
- Press Ctrl+D: This shortcut deletes the currently selected note. A confirmation prompt may appear before permanently deleting the note.
Changing Note Color: Customizing the color of your sticky notes can help you organize and categorize your reminders effectively. You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to change the note color:
- Press Ctrl+1: This shortcut changes the note color to yellow.
- Press Ctrl+2: This shortcut changes the note color to green.
- Press Ctrl+3: This shortcut changes the note color to pink.
- Press Ctrl+4: This shortcut changes the note color to blue.
- Press Ctrl+5: This shortcut changes the note color to purple.
Switching Between Notes: If you have multiple sticky notes open and want to switch between them, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Left Arrow: This shortcut switches to the previous note.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow: This shortcut switches to the next note.
Closing a Note: To close a sticky note without deleting it, you can use the following keyboard shortcut:
- Press Ctrl+W: This shortcut closes the currently selected note. The note is automatically saved when you close it.
In conclusion, adding sticky notes to Outlook email messages can be a useful way to include important reminders or additional information that you want to convey to the recipient.
By attaching a sticky note to an email, you can ensure that the recipient sees the note and can easily refer back to it when needed.
Whether it’s a to-do list, a password, or any other important information, using sticky notes in Outlook email provides a convenient way to include these details without cluttering the main body of the email.
We have discussed different methods for adding sticky notes to Outlook emails.
You can either categorize and forward an existing sticky note, or create a new note specifically for the email and attach it as an attachment.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to provide the necessary information such as the recipient’s email address, subject line, and body content to accompany the sticky note attachment.
It’s important to note that when the recipient opens the email message and the sticky note attachment in a mail program like Outlook, they will be able to interact with the note just like any other sticky note within Outlook.
However, if the recipient opens the attachment in a different mail program, it will be treated as a plain text email.
Adding sticky notes to Outlook emails can be a valuable tool for communication and organization, allowing you to convey important information in a clear and concise manner.
Consider utilizing this feature to enhance your email correspondence and ensure that important reminders are not overlooked.