Inserting an Email watermark in Outlook is classy, and popular as an Outlook background image. Every user reads it differently, some like to use it professionally and like to mark it as a trademark.
Microsoft Outlook replacing major competitors for the purpose of electronic communication and what if the receiver will get the email with the inbuilt organization or brand symbol in the watermark?
Although Outlook doesn’t provide us with the direct feature of inserting a watermark in your mail, there are tons of platforms available to create your remarkable watermark.
The common and easiest platform is Microsoft Word for the watermark.
What is a Watermark in Outlook Email?
A watermark is a semi-transparent image or text that is superimposed on a document to identify its authenticity or to designate its status.
In Outlook email, a watermark can be added to an email message to indicate its importance, and confidentiality, or to add a professional touch to the email.
Watermarks are often used in business settings to indicate that the email is confidential, a draft, or a final copy.
They can also be used to brand the email with a company logo or to add a decorative touch to the email.
Outlook provides several options for adding watermarks to an email message.
You can choose from pre-configured watermarks, such as “DRAFT,” “CONFIDENTIAL,” or “DO NOT COPY,” or you can create a custom watermark with a logo or text.
Why Add a Watermark to Outlook Email?
Adding a watermark to your Outlook email can be a useful way to protect your content and add a professional touch.
Here are some reasons why you might want to consider adding a watermark to your emails:
- Protect your content: Watermarks can help deter unauthorized use or distribution of your email content. By adding a watermark, you can make it clear that the content is confidential or proprietary, and that it should not be shared without permission.
- Brand recognition: If you’re sending emails on behalf of a company or organization, adding a watermark with your logo or brand name can increase brand recognition and help establish credibility with your recipients.
- Professionalism: Adding a watermark can give your email a more professional look and feel. This is especially important if you’re sending emails to clients or customers, as it can help establish trust and credibility.
Overall, adding a watermark to your Outlook email can help protect your content, increase brand recognition, and give your emails a more professional look and feel.
In the next section, we’ll go over how to add a watermark to your Outlook email.
How to Create a Watermark in Word for Outlook?
Here is Step by step instructions to create a watermark in Word.
- Step 1 – Open Microsoft Word >> Click Design from in the ribbon.
- Step 2 – Click Watermark – You can see a few samples (regular design) of watermarks.
- Click Custom Watermark for more options and designs, color text, and many more.
# Select the Text watermark checkbox.
# Type the text that you want in the Text box.
# Format the text that you want and how you want it.
# Click OK.
There are some auto texts already available for the user if you like to create your own text just type in the space in front of the Text. you can see the watermark has been added successfully on your word screen.
You have created a watermark in Microsoft Word, now it’s time to save it on your local hard disk and insert it into Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Print screen from your keyboard and take the screenshot and save the image in JPEG/PNG picture.
- Now you have the watermark you created.
How to Add Watermark in Outlook Email?
Adding a Background Image to a Message in Outlook is quite simple just follow and understand step by step process to add a watermark.
Not only can you make the background of your emails a solid color, gradient, texture, or pattern, but you can choose a custom picture so that recipients see a large image behind the email text.
- Click Home Tab & Select New Mail
- Click the Options Tab of the New Mail window
- Find out the themes section and click Page color
- Click Fill Effects, and you will get another dialog box.
- Click the Picture option on the right-hand side >> Select Picture >> From the browse driver (where you have saved your JPEG/PNG picture)
- Bing Image Search is also available for online search and selects as per your choice.
- After taking the image from your hard drive, you can check the preview and click OK.
Now whatever mail you send to your sender will get the mail along with a background watermark image in Outlook.
It is an amazingly simple step and makes your email professional.
Adding a watermark to your Outlook email can be a useful way to protect your confidential information and intellectual property.
With the help of Microsoft Word, you can easily create a custom watermark and add it to your emails.
You can also use pre-configured watermarks like DRAFT, CONFIDENTIAL, or DO NOT COPY.
It is important to note that while adding a watermark can provide an extra layer of protection, it is not foolproof.
It is still possible for someone to take a screenshot or copy and paste the text of your email. Therefore, it is important to exercise caution when sending sensitive information via email.
Overall, adding a watermark to your Outlook email can be a useful tool for protecting your information.
We encourage you to explore the different options available and find the one that best fits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions that people have about adding watermarks to their Outlook emails:
Can I add a watermark to all of my outgoing emails?
Yes, you can! Outlook allows you to create a signature that will be automatically added to all of your outgoing emails.
You can use this signature to add a watermark or any other information that you want to include in every email you send.
What kind of watermarks can I add to my emails?
You can add text or images as watermarks to your Outlook emails. Text watermarks can include anything from a simple “Confidential” label to a more detailed disclaimer.
Image watermarks can include your company logo, a background image, or any other image that you want to use to protect your email content.
Can I customize the appearance of my watermarks?
Yes, you can! Outlook allows you to customize the font, color, size, and position of your watermarks.
You can also choose from a variety of pre-designed watermarks or create your own custom watermark.
Do watermarks affect the delivery of my emails?
No, watermarks do not affect the delivery of your emails. They are simply added as a layer on top of your email content and do not alter the underlying message or attachments.
Can I remove a watermark from an email that I’ve already sent?
No, once an email has been sent, you cannot remove a watermark from it. If you need to send a new version of the email without the watermark, you will need to create a new email and send it again.
- How to send auto-reply in Outlook?
- How to make a regular to-do list on Microsoft Outlook?
- How to find attached documents in Outlook?
- How to Edit Signature in Microsoft Outlook?
- Outlook keeps asking for a password even though it is correct! How to get rid of It?
- How to create a Voting Poll in Outlook?