Last Updated on February 2, 2024 by Amit Bansal
Having numerous calendars in Microsoft Outlook can pose real challenges for users in terms of both space and performance.
Cleaning up the Outlook Calendar by removing all existing events and old appointments is crucial.
These outdated entries can take up considerable space and clutter your Outlook calendar folder.
Regularly cleaning or removing them is important for maintaining an organized and efficient calendar.
Some of the old calendar entries also have large attachment sizes, it’s better to get rid of all unwanted entries for the calendar.
In this article, you will learn step-by-step methods to “clean up Outlook Calendar“.
How To Remove items from your Outlook Calendar?
The below step will guide you to remove Outlook Calendar entries/events:
- Lunch Microsoft Outlook
- Press the Calendar Tab from the navigation section, available on the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on to View Tab at the upper left-hand corner >> Change View >> List
- View the complete list of events (on time and recurring) on the right-hand section of the screen and you can also select the calendar, in case you are using multiple email addresses.
The list includes both one-time and recurring events, with recurring events not considered old until they surpass their end date. Users can recognize a recurring appointment by its recurring pattern.
- Select the multiple outlook calendar event, Click [Ctrl + A], Use [Shift key and drop arrow key] until your selection and you can also use your [Mouse and Shift key] to select multiple events to delete.
Note: Clicking on the Start column arrange all your calendar items in chronological order. you can select events you like to delete to the specific date accordingly.
- Simply click the delete key to remove all or selected events from your calendar. you can also use the mouse right key and click delete to remove the appointments.
Finding and selecting the individual event from the Outlook calendar is the real issue.
How To Delete Old Appointments in Outlook Using Archive Function
Archive function is a professional approach to execute and remove old events making a backup of them with Outlook.
Let’s dive in:
- Open Outlook.
- Click the File tab from the top left corner of the screen >> info.
- Click the Tools Title and select the Mailbox cleanup option.
- The archive dialog box pops up, select the email address and click Calendar folder.
- Select a date from the “Archive items older than” dropdown menu, and you can lock in your choice by using the date you select.
By default, the recommended date for archiving is set to three months prior, but you can adjust this according to your needs. Click the ‘Browse‘ button to choose the location where you want to save the archive file, and then click ‘OK‘ to finalize the process. Calendar events that meet specific criteria will be removed from the calendar and saved in your chosen location.
Fortunately, the method of archiving to keep a copy of past, unnecessary events and appointments is a real game-changer. This process lightens the load on memory and space, ensuring Outlook functions smoothly. This article comprehensively covers all the methods related to removing items from the Outlook Calendar.