Availability of numerous calendar in Microsoft Outlook cause real trouble to the user as far as space and space and performance is a concern.
Cleaning up Outlook Calendar and removing all existing events in Outlook calendar, old appointments hold a large space and crowded in your Outlook calendar folder, cleaning/removing on regular basis is important.
Some of the old calendar entries also having large attachment size, it’s better to get rid of all unwanted entries for the calendar. In this article, you will learn step by step methods to “clean up Outlook Calendar“.
How To Remove items from your Outlook Calendar?
The below step will guide you to remove Outlook Calendar entries/events:
- Lunch Microsoft Outlook
- Click to Calendar Tab from the navigation section, button left hand of the screen.
- Click to View Tab at the upper left-hand corner >> Change View >> List
- View the complete list of events (on time and recurring) on the right-hand section of the screen and you can also select the calendar, in case you are using multiple email addresses.
The list consists of on-time and recurring events, (recurring event never treated as old, until it crosses the end date). Users can identify a recurring appointment under a recurring pattern.
- Select the multiple outlook calendar event, Click [Ctrl + A], Use [Shift key and drop arrow key] until your selection and you can also use your [Mouse and Shift key] to select multiple events to delete.
Note: Clicking on the Start column arrange all your calendar items by chronological order. you can select events you like to delete to the specific date accordingly.
- Simply click the delete key to remove all or selected events from your calendar. you can also use the mouse right key and click delete to remove the appointments.
Finding and selecting the individual event from the Outlook calendar is the real issue.
How To Delete Old Appointments in Outlook Using Archive Function
Archive function is a professional approach to execute and remove old events making a backup of them with Outlook.
Let’s dive in:
- Open Outlook.
- Click the File tab from the top left corner of the screen >> info.
- Click the Tools Title and select the Mailbox cleanup option.
- The archive dialog box pops-up, select the email address and click Calendar folder.
- Select date under Archive items older than drop-down, (you can freeze selection using date your select).
By default Older date is recommended 3 months back, you can change it according to your requirement. Click the browse button to select the location to save the archive file, and finally click OK to complete the process. Calendar events fall under specific criteria removed from the calendar and saved in your specified location.
Luckily, Keeping a copy of unwanted events of past appointments method using archive is a real game-changer for us. The process lighter the memory and space and keep Outlook working smoothly. This article covers all related methods to remove Outlook Calendar.
- How to send auto-reply in Outlook?
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Edit Signature in Microsoft outlook?
- Why Is My Outlook Not Showing Attachments?
- How To Insert Emoji in Outlook Mail?
- How to block email addresses in Outlook?