If you’re traveling for work, it’s inevitable that you’ll bump up against a time difference. For many of us, that means traveling from our time zone to another.
But how do I change my Outlook time zone when I travel? That’s where I come in.
Microsoft Outlook by default adjusts the current location time zone while installing, every email you received, or send the time zone you can easily measure in Outlook.
For your information: This article explains how time zone differences work in Outlook. We explain how to display a time zone in the status bar, how to configure time zone settings, and more.
The article has been updated in 2019, the basic idea remains the same for former Outlook releases, e.g., Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, or 2007.
How to Change Time in Outlook Email?
When people talk about changing time in the Outlook email program, they are usually referring to the date, not the time.
However, the steps below may be helpful if you also have the need to change the time in Outlook. Changing the time zone is a single-step process.
- Open Outlook Application.
- Click the File Tab >> Options
- Find calendar tab >> Drop down the screen and find the time zone
You can see the default time zone for all calendars in outlook, to change the time zone you have to click the drop-down and there are multiple options to select according to your location and click OK.
Finally, click OK and your Outlook time zone is changed.
Swap Time Zones
Modifying the Time zone in Outlook is easy to execute, Outlook features provide you to add additional time zone. You can easily swap the time zone in case you travel between different time places.
How to Add an Additional Time Zone in Outlook?
Outlook for Microsoft 365 consists of three separate time zones, which are used only to show a second-and third-time bar in a Calendar view.
- Click File >> Options for the left-hand bottom corner of the screen.
- Outlook options dialog box appears >> Click Calendar from the left options of the popup.
- Scroll down and find the “Time Zones” section.
Select the check box to show a second-time zone & show a third-time zone check box if required. Enter the name in the Label box, Select the time zone from the dropdown list.
Once you select all the time zones, you can easily set the default time zone by adjusting and clicking Swap Time zone, The topmost Label is your default one.
What to Remove the time zone (second and third) uncheck the box, just like that.
How to Change the Time Zone in Outlook Web App (OWA)
Outlook web-based service also provides you to change the time zone here is the step-by-step process to execute the feature.
- Open Outlook.com by entering https://outlook.live.com/owa/ into the URL Address bar.
- Sign into your account.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- It will open your “Quick settings” panel on the right-hand side.
- Click View all Outlook settings >> Settings dialog box appears.
- Click General from the top left corner of the screen >> It will open your Language and time settings.
- By default, the time zone is already appeared according to the location.
- Click the Current time zone drop-down list. that will open numerous lists of time zones according to the various locations, or you can simply click and enter the name of the city, and it will fetch a related location or “No Match Found” message displayed.
- Select your specific time zone from the drop-down list and simply click Save.
How To Schedule the Time Zone in Outlook Calendar?
If you ever notice time zone selection feature is also available in the Outlook calendar. In the below content, you will learn step by step process with images in a detailed manner.
Metting people in different time zone required Outlook reminders at their (the person you are about to meet) time zone.
To avoid dilemmas and everybody on time, you must specify the time zone in the Outlook calendar while sending a meeting invitation. Here are the steps:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application
- Click the calendar icon from the navigation section “left-hand button corner of the screen”.
- Outlook calendar opens, select your specific date, click the right mouse button, you see multiple options, and click the New Meeting Request or New Appointment, you can also opt for recurring depending on your requirement. This opens a new window with all the meeting details.
- Next, after injecting all the inputs, you need to check the box Time Zone and tell Outlook that you want to use a specific time zone. Select the location from the dropdown list.
- Once you set all the adjustments Outlook calendar reminds you and plays its role.
In summary, the time zone in Microsoft Outlook automatically changes based on the location of the account. This feature is helpful because it doesn’t require you to manually change your time zone all the time.