Subject Line always being the title of your whole email story, If you are writing a book or a blog post subject title tells the complete story about the content. Microsoft Outlook emails consist of the Subject line, which represents the email message.
Edit subject line brings tons of questions to every reader, Is editing possible? and If yes, why anybody wants to edit subject line of your email message received in your Inbox.
In this article, we will lead you, not only to the steps tutorial (change subject line in Outlook) but the reason behind it.
Why Change Subject Line in Outlook?
Email management managing tons of email messages, filter them according to their categories, putting them in different folders, in a real Profesional manner.
When you received your email message in your inbox, the sender subject line description designed by your sender, somehow it doesn’t align your email management.
Keeping that specific email in your selected folder required some protocol or some similarity to match the rules or conditional formatting.
For the sake of easy searching, being consistent with the message content, or other purposes, you may need to edit or change some received messages subjects in Outlook.
Outlook allows the user to change/modify the subject tag line easily.
Let’s find out How?
How to edit the subject line in Outlook 365
It is not mandatory to revise the subject line, Although the subject field doesn’t look editable, if it meets the rule/customized category, Here is the step by step tutorial to edit the subject line.
- Lunch Outlook >> Open your message list.
- Select your specific email, double click & open that email message in a message window.
- You can click in the subject area and start typing, edit your subject line directly, and then click the Save button top left corner or use the shortcut key (Ctrl + S).
- Your customized message subject line is saved in your inbox, In case any Outlook rules are floating for subject line, that email hit that rule and comply.
Changing Subject Line in Outlook For Multiple Email
The above method is a real game-changer, easily operatable, the only problem above method applicable to the single email message. What if you like to Edit Subject Line Of Multiple Emails In Outlook.
Here is the step by step tutorial:
This method after a few simple adjustments allow you to edit the subject line of multiple emails without opening (Directly).
- Open the folder >> Go to View Tab >> Select View Settings
- Advanced View Settings window dialog box appears >> Click to other settings.
- Other Settings dialog box appears >> Select Allow in-cell editing option and hit Ok.
Usually by default Outlook not allow their user to edit the subject directly from the folder, after checking this option you can easily change the subject line directly. You can simply skip the opening of the email message separately, it is helpful for multiple modifications.
Now if you click on the subject of an email, you can edit it and then hit return to save your changes. You can also reverse this future back to default. After these options, you can change the subject line one by one according to your requirement, and hit (Ctrl + S) to save. Your new subject will show in the reading pane.
Outlook Rule to change Subject Line
Creating a rule that automatically transfers targeted emails into the desired folder and changes the subject line in the folder using a VBA Script.
VBA always seems complicated, I strongly recommended to skip this approach.
- How To Setup/Run Rules in Outlook 365 Webmail? [Use rules to manage your email]
- Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending?
- How To Refresh Outlook? [2019, 365]
- How To Export Outlook Emails to Excel with Date and Time?
- How To Start Outlook On Startup Windows 10?
- How To Bookmark in Outlook Email?
- How Conditional Formatting in Outlook For Multiple Words Works?