Recently I unable to receive an email message into my Outlook inbox, after a detailed investigation, I found my inbox limit crossed, and the reason is spam email, which I really not interested in.
Unwanted emails bring emails notification which is another problematic issue in the middle of important tasks like (presentations). Tons of unwanted emails cause due to unnecessary subscriptions or sharing your email address with people or websites.
In this article, you will learn step by step tutorial “How to block email addresses in Outlook“.
Block an Email Address in Outlook
Once you subscribe to unnecessary websites, or somehow you don’t need anymore, the “Unsubscribe” feature just isn’t enough to delete spam. Here you can block or restrict unwanted email/s in your inbox.
There are a couple of ways you can execute the process, Let’s get started with the direct option which immediately blocks the email sender.
- Lunch Outlook 2013, 2017, 2019, 365
- Select the email which causing trouble to you.
- Click Home Tab from the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Junk from the delete section >> Block Sender
- Clicking on Block sender required final confirmation from Outlook, hitting an OK button on the message popup complete the process.
Or you can simply click the right mouse button after selection of a specific email and click junk >> Block Sender
In both the options the result is sam, this strategy doesn’t work for multiple senders.
Create Block List
The outlook is smart programming, it provides the user to create a block list, with the name or email address or the entire domain.
- Click Home Tab >> Select ‘Junk’ >> ‘Junk E-mail Options’.
- Junk Email options pop up appears >> Select Blocked Sender Tab
- Click Add
- In the “Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list” box, enter the name or address that you want to add. You can enter according to the below pattern:
Finally, Click Ok it’s immediately moved to the Junk Email folder, In case of multiple email addresses for different domains, repeat the process and you can observe the list of the blocked email addresses.
Create Block List Using Import From File
In the above example, you can add multiple email address or domain to block them from your inbox, but frankly speaking, entering email address individually is read time-consuming process, Outlook import from file feature allows the user to directly import all you cooperate address into block list instantly with a single click.
Here is the step by step process:
In the Junk Email options pop up, click to import from file >> select the text file having the list of the email address and domain you like to block, (outlook allow only text file to upload).
Once you select the text file and click open, all your addresses automatically added to the list of the blocked sender. Click Ok to complete. Need to add any other email address against go to blocked sender list and repeat the process to add more, you can also edit or remove any address or domain according to your requirement.
Block email addresses from different countries/region in Outlook
You may find unwanted email messages come from other countries/regions too. Outlook allows you to block certain email messages from those areas.
Although the above process can also help to block those emails, rather Outlook blocks messages from email addresses that end in a particular top-level domain or country/region code.
- Click Home Tab >> Click Junk from the delete section >> then click Junk E-mail Options
- Select International tab >> click Blocked Top-Level Domain List
The Blocked Top-Level Domains List lets you block messages that come from email addresses end with specific country code AF (Afganistan), IN (India), AU (Australia), there is numerous country, which you can block by simply select the checkbox.
Block an Email Address in Outlook Web
Outlook.com (web) based platform block messages from specific email addresses or domains from reaching your inbox. Outlook sweep feature removing (deleting) or moving unwanted emails from a specific sender’s email.
Here is the step by step process to block the specific domain in OWA.
- Open Outlook.com
- Go to the settings gear icon to the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click view all outlook setting
- Select Mail >> Junk Mail
- In the Blocked senders and domains section, select Add. Then enter the domain you want to block.
- You can enter according to the below pattern.
- Click Save and close the window
Most of the time, this process works for me and resist unwanted emails hit my inbox, it also saves your storage capacity and you can enjoy the service smoothly.
- How to send auto-reply in Outlook?
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Edit Signature in Microsoft outlook?
- Why Is My Outlook Not Showing Attachments?
- How To Insert Emoji in Outlook Mail?