Outlook users in multiple fields create a specific working pattern and make their work smoother, the difficult task is filtration, there are several criteria according to the user to filter the emails in different segments of work.
Filtering and sorting emails manually in Outlook really a time-consuming task. Outlook provides you a rule section, which allows the user to command outlook to meet certain criteria.
In this article, you will learn “how to filter emails in outlook” & “how to create a rule in outlook”.
How Outlook apply Rule to existing mail?
In fact, setting up rules in Outlook the right way can help you organize your inbox, deal with unwanted emails, manage your email subscriptions, and more.
Outlook provides an organized template to filter in an organized way, or you can create your template according to your requirements. Here are some templates provided by outlook check in the picture and video below.
You can see when you select the template, the pre-designed rule description in step 2 appears, all you have to do is select the hyperlink and make changes if required.
How to filter emails in outlook?
Here is Step by Step guide on how to filter emails in outlook?
Firstly you must be clear about what reason you required filtration in outlook.
We will learn all default templates and learn how outlook email management works.
Open Outlook >> Click Home Tab >> Rules >> Manage rules and alerts.
How to move messages from someone to a folder in outlook?
- Select move messages from someone to a folder in outlook and you will get the prebuild rule book in the step 2 section.
- The first question is from people or public group, Click on the hyperlink, now you have to select the people or group. (basically, these people or groups are the lists of contacts you have created, if not it’s better to import the contacts in outlook.
- The next question is where you want to move (to the specific folder). That means that every time you receive a message from your selected email address or Group, that message will automatically be automatically routed to your specific folder. Click the hyperlink “Specific” of the third message.
- I have cleared a separate folder of that, you can click new to generate a new folder and click next.
- Click Finish, and your rule is created for moving messages from someone to a folder in outlook.
To move all existing messages from the sender located in the current folder to the filter’s target folder, Click Run rules now >> Select the rule and select apply rule to All messages and click Run Now.
That will Run this rule now on messages already in the current folder.
- Why is Microsoft Outlook infested with Junk Mail?
- How to make a regular to do list on Microsoft Outlook?
- Why Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails but can send? 
- Microsoft Outlook do not archive items in this folder [Step by Step Guide]
- How do I save Multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? [Step by Step Guide]
- Why am I getting so much Junk mail in outlook?
- How to Export Email addresses from Outlook?
- How to Import contacts to Outlook from Excel?