Categories unread mails in your inbox, outlook get it done with various simple processes, talking about a specific folder in Microsoft Outlook office 365 for unread emails get all your unread emails into unread email folder to favorites.
You can filter unread email messages using the filter option, you can search unread emails with the help of a search bar, you can also separate unread email in your inbox using condition formatting. In this article, you will learn step by step process of “How To Create A Custom Search Folder For Unread Mail?”.
How To Create Unread Mails Folder In Outlook?
In one of the earlier articles, you have learned “How To Find Old Emails in Outlook“, Adding an unread email folder to favorite is an almost similar process.
Let’s Dive in:
- Lunch Outlook >> Select your specific email address inbox.
- Go to Folder Tab >> Select “New Serch Folder”.
- New Serch Folder Dialog Box pops up, it consists of multiple options (like Reading mails, Mail from people and list, Organized mail, and Custom). These options further classified into several subsections.
- New Search Folder dialog box also can open by pressing the keyboard shortcut key “CTRL+SHIFT+P“.
- Click unread mail under the reading mail section, select an email address under search mail in.
- Your folder is created and added into the Navigation Pane under search folders having unread emails. You can check your folder from your selected email address bottom from the left-hand side of your screen [refer: Snapshot].
- The name of the folder by default comes out to be [Unread mail]. The total number of unread messages is displayed in square brackets.
- All unread email messages sync & create a copy and also available in that folder.
- Click on the folder and you will get all your unread email messages into the folder. All the messages are displayed in bold font because they are not opened yet, that’s why you can check those emails into that folder.
- Once you open that email, read it, respond to it, that email automatically removes from that folder.
How To Rename & Delete Unread mail Folder?
There are a few options like (rename, delete, and many more) that can be processed by clicking the right mouse button from your folder. [Refer: Snapshot].
Deleting any search folder not really delete emails that have not read till yet. The emails are still available in their original folders. These folders are customized according to your convenience.
How to Create Unread Custom Search Folder?
You can also go for a custom search folder which results in a long route to get the same results. It’s a manual step process to get your results.
Here is the step by step guide:
- Open Outlook office 365, Go to the Folder tab and click New Search Folder.
- New Serch Folder Dialog Box appears, select Create a custom Search Folder under Custom category.
- Scroll down and select Create a custom Search Folder under the Custom category.
- Click Choose to customize this new folder: that will walk you through the Custom Search Folder dialog box.
- Name for your New Search Folder. Click Criteria >> Search Folder Criteria dialog box appears.
- Move to the tab More Choices, select the checkbox for Only items that are, and make sure Unread is selected from the drop-down list. Click OK.
- The next part is the selection of a specific folder, you cannot change the email address but click Browse to select a folder.
- Select a specific folder and click OK to close the folder dialog box, back to the custom search folder, review everything, and hit OK, and again Click OK.
- Your folder is created and added into the Navigation Pane left-hand side of your email search folder.
How To Add Unread Mails To Favorite Folder In Outlook?
Once your unread mail folder is ready and you have easy access to it from the navigation pane of your specific email address, for which you have created that folder, you can add the folder to Favorite in Outlook.
The purpose of adding the folder into favorite is instant access, you don’t need to scroll down to the navigation pane, find out your email address (in case of multiple emails), go to the search folder, to bypass this process favorite folder is a good option.
Simply select the folder (unread mail), and hit “Add to favorite” in the folder tab above [Refer: Snapshot]
You can also right-click on the folder and hit “Add to favorite”.
Creating your own customized folder is the real beauty of Microsoft Outlook 365, In this article, we have almost cover step by step process of [How To Create & Add Unread Email Folder To Favorites In Outlook 365?].
- How To Setup/Run Rules in Outlook 365 Webmail? [Use rules to manage your email]
- Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending?
- How To Refresh Outlook? [2019, 365]
- How To Export Outlook Emails to Excel with Date and Time?
- How To Start Outlook On Startup Windows 10?
- How To Bookmark in Outlook Email?
- How Conditional Formatting in Outlook For Multiple Words Works?
- How To Find Old Emails in Outlook 365?
- How To Create & Share Electronic Business Card (vCard) In Microsoft Outlook?